• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games Elder Scrolls Online to be Subscription based.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.

wooly

I am the woolrus
$160 a year!?

I'm going back to do my masters next year so at that price I basically have to commit to this being the ONLY game I buy the whole year.... and then the next year...

I'm sure it's going to be awesome but I don't want to only play ONE game for the for the next couple of years. I think I'll pass :p

Zenheizer

needs practice
$160 a year?!!?!!?

Damn that's going to be an expensive bill, but I'll still pay it. It's friggin' Eldar Scrolls....

ONLINE!

Iris

rainbow 11!
yeah, I'll pass. that's way too much.

BigBob

Registered Member
It don't care how much the subscription is.. It could have been $20 a year.. I'm not paying a subscription to play a game.

Reactions: Doc

Misdoubt

Registered Member
Too pricy, I mean sure there will be many more features and a bit more moderation but still, too pricey.

It don't care how much the subscription is.. It could have been $20 a year.. I'm not paying a subscription to play a game.
Hi I like your post a lot. I used to pay for EVE for a while then just gave up on pay2play for the sake of saving myself money.

dDave

V.I.P.
I sure hope that the monthly subscription idea fails and Bethesda is forced to rethink their strategy here. I refuse to pay for online access to a game (especially $160 a year).

$160 is really quite an absurd figure in my opinion. Anyone willing to pay for that is either an addict or they're rich.

There are a lot of much better things I could do with $160 (not to mention that's a yearly fee and you'd have to buy the game on top of that)

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
This is a terrible idea. How much is this subscription in comparison to World of Warcraft?

dDave

V.I.P.
This is a terrible idea. How much is this subscription in comparison to World of Warcraft?
World of Warcraft is $155 per year if you buy 6 months (maximum) at a time.

Hey, just realized that's why I don't play WoW either! :lol:

These companies have to realize that these subscription based games really turn off a lot of gamers. They're making a lot of money with it, sure, but I think they're really missing what gaming is all about. It's ok to make money (even a lot of it), but they should have some respect for some of the other gamers out there that can't afford to pay a ridiculous $160 per year.

Hanzo_Hattori

For the Horde!
Even with WoW being succesful sub-based game reaching 12mill in like..08? It's slowly losing numbers now being at 7 million players. TESO has no chance of getting through this.