• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Mods can interfere with the game. If you can't get the game to load, then try turning off all unofficial mods and see if that helps. :)?
Thanks for that advice, but I'm going to have to ignore it. The fact that my PC doesn't really meet the minimum requirements is probably a large factor in this. Also, I can't play Oblivion or Morrowind just plain vanilla. I have to have mods.

As for factions, I've done a little of the fighters guild, and I've done up to the last mission in the thieves guild before starting over with my custom monk.

Last edited:

Steerpike

Registered Member
Hey guys, I need some help. I have no clue where to find Felldew to do the third or fourth quest in SI.
Have you talked to a character named, "Wild-Eye" the Argonian?

Thanks for that advice, but I'm going to have to ignore it. The fact that my PC doesn't really meet the minimum requirements is probably a large factor in this. Also, I can't play Oblivion or Morrowind just plain vanilla. I have to have mods.

As for factions, I've done a little of the fighters guild, and I've done up to the last mission in the thieves guild before starting over with my custom monk.
Did you actually do "The Ultimate Heist?"

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Unfortunately, no. It was around then I decided that the standard monk was really no bleedin' good. As such, I then deleted that character and changed to my current monk. I did have the stats somewhere...

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yeah, I've been to the cave. All of the Elytras around don't have felldew.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Okay, now that I've found the name of my character type and got Oblivion to run (removing malware from your PC, and using a mod manager to load Oblivion works wonders), I'm now able to post my character.

Mau Thai Monk
Character Level: 2
Character Race: Khajit (but Orc and Nord also work)
Specialization: Combat
Favoured Attributes: Speed, Endurance
Skills: Athletics (40); Block (37[I'M 37?!?!]); Hand-to-hand (47); Blunt (31); Alchemy (25); Restoration (27); Acrobatics (38)
Birth Sign: The Tower

Mau Thai is a dangerous and lethal martial arts style practiced by few in the world. It focuses on elbow and knee assaults which can result in devastating effects. These monks of the ancient arts of Mau Thai wear no armor and practice no magic excluding the healing powers of restoration. They also have a understanding of alchemy and herbal properties. Their entire lives are in preparation and practice of their art, which involves rigorous hours of acrobatic and athletic training. All in all the monks of Mau Thai are physically superior to any other warrior.

I have to stress that I take no credit in the actual design of this character. All credit goes to PapaGamer, who's character build FAQ can be found on GameFAQs.

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
A hand-to-hand character? That's awesome.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
It is hard though, which is why the blunt is there as a backup.

Although, I'm thinking of starting again. As one of my mods lowers the PCs starting health, and the Khajit doesn't have as much health as the nord or orc, it's best to go with them.

Steerpike

Registered Member
Yeah, I've been to the cave. All of the Elytras around don't have felldew.
Have you tried the Dunroot Burrow guards?

It is hard though, which is why the blunt is there as a backup.

Although, I'm thinking of starting again. As one of my mods lowers the PCs starting health, and the Khajit doesn't have as much health as the nord or orc, it's best to go with them.
Don't forget that some creatures require silver, magic, or daedric weapons to hit. At high enough skill level, hand to hand does work, but that is at Journeyman.