• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Corona

Registered Member
Yeah, I did the arena. And I didn't get either of the expansions.

I did pretty much all of the side quests I could find. The one that took you to that poor village in the middle on nowhere and everyone tried to kill you was the funnest.

The shrines were pretty cool too. Until you had to fight Umbra. That sucked ass as a stealth character, my God.

Steerpike

Registered Member
Yeah, I did the arena. And I didn't get either of the expansions.

I did pretty much all of the side quests I could find. The one that took you to that poor village in the middle on nowhere and everyone tried to kill you was the funnest.

The shrines were pretty cool too. Until you had to fight Umbra. That sucked ass as a stealth character, my God.
You are probably referring to "Shadow Over Hackdirt." Did you do "The Collector?" That is probably the most involved "Miscellaneous Quest" in the game.

Well, if a fight is too tough there are console commands for pc users. :lol:

How did your stealth character handle "Great Gate" from the Main quest?

Corona

Registered Member
You are probably referring to "Shadow Over Hackdirt." Did you do "The Collector?" That is probably the most involved "Miscellaneous Quest" in the game.

Well, if a fight is too tough there are console commands for pc users. :lol:

How did your stealth character handle "Great Gate" from the Main quest?

Can't remember what "Collector" was. It's been a while. And I had it for 360 lol.

Hahah you wouldn't believe what I did for great gate. It was hilarious.

Ok, so I was stealthing and backstabbing my way to the top, but it was going way too slow. So I figured I had to do something crazy to make it in time. Now, my character had incredibly high speed, especially since I was wearing enhanced glass armor with the hood from the black hand. All my shit put together let me run really fast. So, I just sprinted past everything. I felt like LT. I don't think I even got hit once.

Steerpike

Registered Member
Can't remember what "Collector" was. It's been a while. And I had it for 360 lol.

Hahah you wouldn't believe what I did for great gate. It was hilarious.

Ok, so I was stealthing and backstabbing my way to the top, but it was going way too slow. So I figured I had to do something crazy to make it in time. Now, my character had incredibly high speed, especially since I was wearing enhanced glass armor with the hood from the black hand. All my shit put together let me run really fast. So, I just sprinted past everything. I felt like LT. I don't think I even got hit once.
"The Collector" was a miscellaneous quest dealing with an npc named, Umbacano. He wants the character to get 10 ayleid statues for him. They are scattered in different Ayleid Ruins across the map. He gives the character 500 gold per statue and a bonus of 5000 gold for finishing the quest. So total potential payout on that is 10,000 gold.

Once you recover a couple of them, he offers another quest. There are actually three quests from this one npc and they are related in storyline.

Yes, the time restraint in "Great Gate" can be a challenge. Making that leap across the gap in the bridge can be a challenge. How many attempts did that part take for you?

Did you keep either Jauffre or Baurus alive through the end of that quest?

Last edited:

Corona

Registered Member
"The Collector" was a miscellaneous quest dealing with an npc named, Umbacano. He wants the character to get 10 ayleid statues for him. They are scattered in different Ayleid Ruins across the map. He gives the character 500 gold per statue and a bonus of 5000 gold for finishing the quest. So total potential payout on that is 10,000 gold.
I think I did part of that, but I don't think I finished it.

Yes, the time restraint in "Great Gate" can be a challenge. Making that leap across the gap in the bridge can be a challenge. How many attempts did that part take for you?

Did you keep either Jauffre or Baurus alive through the end of that quest?

The bridge took 2 tries. And they definately died. I didn't do any of the main quest until I was high level so the giant daedroth just killed everything in sight before I went in the gate.

Steerpike

Registered Member
I think I did part of that, but I don't think I finished it.
Well, if you are bored you know there is more there. :)

The bridge took 2 tries. And they definately died. I didn't do any of the main quest until I was high level so the giant daedroth just killed everything in sight before I went in the gate.
My character took multiple tries as well and also avoided combat, but it was not a stealth character. Yes, the leveling system is a reason to favor under-leveling when doing certain quests and this, "Defense of Bruma", would be a prime example. While the guards that defend are leveled to the character, their equipment is not. And the guards only level to a certain point anyway.

How did you handle the fight with Mankar Camoran and his children in, "Paradise?"

Speaking of "Paradise" did you choose to "serve" Kathutet or fight him?

Corona

Registered Member
How did you handle the fight with Mankar Camoran and his children in, "Paradise?"

Speaking of "Paradise" did you choose to "serve" Kathutet or fight him?

I killed them pretty easily oddly enough. I just jumped around and avoided their attacks then managed to get into stealth mode and blam, 8x damage and no armor protection for them.

And I can't remember who that was, but I'm relatively sure I killed him lol.

Steerpike

Registered Member
I killed them pretty easily oddly enough. I just jumped around and avoided their attacks then managed to get into stealth mode and blam, 8x damage and no armor protection for them.

And I can't remember who that was, but I'm relatively sure I killed him lol.
Kathutet is a dremora in Mankar Camoran's "Paradise" who has the "Bands of the Chosen" which you need to proceed through the "Forbidden Grotto."

You mentioned that you also did the Arena, so did you have "Adoring Fan" hanging around?

Corona

Registered Member
Ahahaha. Oh yes, the good old adoring fan. I sent that guy off mountains and into rivers, through oblivion gates and into lava. Funniest thing ever.

Steerpike

Registered Member
Ahahaha. Oh yes, the good old adoring fan. I sent that guy off mountains and into rivers, through oblivion gates and into lava. Funniest thing ever.
Ever push him off of Dive Rock?

I was mentioning this in another thread, but if you do the Fighter's Guild, there are three times you get an "essential" character as a sidekick. You can take them into Oblivion as well. They distract your enemies. :D

Did you happen to do the "Mazoga the Orc" quests?