• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Steerpike

Registered Member
For those of you who either play Oblivion or have played Oblivion or are interested in playing Oblivion, this thread is for you.

You can discuss the game here. Ask for advice about the game. Having trouble with a quest? Ask and someone may know how to help. Talk about your characters, share strategies, etc.

If you are playing and have a question, what would you like know?

If you are playing/have played and have comments, share them.

Just to get our discussion going, I will ask what are your favorite race and class in the game and why?

What were quests you either liked or disliked?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The game bored me to tears in all honesty.

The quests got boring and tedious, the leveling up was terribly slow, but the game itself looked and played so well that it broke my heart to put it down.

Steerpike

Registered Member
The game bored me to tears in all honesty.

The quests got boring and tedious, the leveling up was terribly slow, but the game itself looked and played so well that it broke my heart to put it down.
Did you do "Whodunit?" or "The Ultimate Heist?"

Are you saying that the immersion factor nearly outweighed what you view as its shortcomings?

What sort of character(s) did you play?

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The game was massive, had incredible graphics, unbelievable depth, and awesome character designs. The game itself, however, moved at a snail's pace and the overall depth of that game was also it's shortcoming.

A game like Oblivion is not for every RPG fan because of it's incredibly deep gameplay. I don't remember the quest titles to be honest, they didn't keep my interest enough for me to remember what they were called.

I know a lot of people liked the game and I'm not calling it a bad game, my interest just died as soon as I realized the overwhelming scope of things and how difficult it was to even gain one level.

Steerpike

Registered Member
The game was massive, had incredible graphics, unbelievable depth, and awesome character designs. The game itself, however, moved at a snail's pace and the overall depth of that game was also it's shortcoming.

A game like Oblivion is not for every RPG fan because of it's incredibly deep gameplay. I don't remember the quest titles to be honest, they didn't keep my interest enough for me to remember what they were called.

I know a lot of people liked the game and I'm not calling it a bad game, my interest just died as soon as I realized the overwhelming scope of things and how difficult it was to even gain one level.
So what sort of character did you play and how far did you play it?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I have no idea . . . I was some kind of warrior class. The character creation thing threw me off kilter as well. I played it for about eight hours, mostly wandering around the world.

Like I said, my interest just died in time.

Corona

Registered Member
Stealth, eh? :sneaky:

Did you complete the Theives Guild including "The Ultimate Heist?" What race and class did you favor?
Dude, with my stealth guy I did every single guild quest for all 4 guilds.

I was a Khajit.

That damn heist quest was so long though, for the love of God.

Steerpike

Registered Member
Dude, with my stealth guy I did every single guild quest for all 4 guilds.

I was a Khajit.

That damn heist quest was so long though, for the love of God.
All four, then you have not tried Knights of the Nine? What about the Arena? Which quests did you like most?

"The Ultimate Heist" is probably the most involved guild quest in the game.

How many of the "Miscellaneous Quests" did you do?