Xbox 360 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Thermal, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Thermal

Thermal Registered Member

Oblivion is one of those games that got pushed back from launch and is looking to be here in a month or two. Oblivion is probably the game that made me want the xbox 360. Hopefully it'll live up to the hype.

2. Thermal

Found this link to a German Video on another game forum. It really shows off the game, and I love how far you can see in the outdoor scenes.

3. Cannan

Cannan New Member

I liked everything about elder scrolls 3...except the most important parts like the fighting style and magic use. If they have drastically improved that part of it, then it should get xbox game of the year. I haven't found any reviews or information on this game really though, if anyone knows of any let me know.

4. Thermal

They've changed a lot about how you fight in Oblivion. There is no more dice rolls type combat, where you're hitting them but not always doing damage. Now, if you make contact you do some type of damage, and same goes for the person your fighting. You can also block with weapons as well as with sheilds, which can absorbe all or some of the damage. When weapons collid, wheather from blocking or from striking at your opponent at the same time he is, you recoil and are pushed back. Same, goes for magic, if you hit them they take damage, no more dice rolls. You can also seamlessly use magic and weapons, so you can slash and stab at enemies with your right hand, and throw fireballs or shoot lightning with your left. Overall, fighting has become much more action packed and realistic.

5. Birdhouse

Birdhouse Registered Member

kool that game sound weird to me but it sound good i guess