• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

El Faro owner seeks to block lawsuits

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Nov. 2 (UPI) -- The owner of El Faro, a cargo ship likely sunk after it disappeared off the coast of the Bahamas, filed a lawsuit blocking families of the boat's victims from seeking legal action against the company.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015...victims-families/2691446465157/?spt=sec&or=tn

I hope they are not successful in this. Its not like the hurricane was a surprise and it was stupid to send this cargo ship into it.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yeah I read about that and its really sad. It was downplayed in the news and the victims of the plane crash in Egypt are already getting compensation so why dont they get it too?
Somebody seriously needs to sue that shipping company for blocking compensation. They should want to help those people.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Their money means more to them than peoples lives. I hope the court doesn't block lawsuits. Their stupid decision to go into that hurricane shouldn't be protected. Maybe other shipping companies will think twice about putting the lives of their crew at risk.