• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Einstein's Time Travel Theory

Corona

Registered Member
Imagine you are standing on a planet, looking through a very large telescope at a person very far away. If that person were to travel directly at you at faster that the speed of light, he would arrive next to you before the image of him in his original position expired. Thus, he would appear to be in two places at once.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
What if we get a warning from the future and don't understand what it means? It would suck to receive a message and not be able to communicate back.

Actually, we could put messages on something very durable and readable and put it in a safe place with "don't open until blah blah time" messages on them, but that's no guaranteed way to know what is going on. Then you have to factor in chaos effect.