• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sick Eight year old microwaves cat

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Cat microwaved by eight-year-old Kent boy

An eight-year-old boy from Kent put his neighbour's cat in a microwave and turned the appliance on, the RSPCA said.

The cat was found in the microwave in Rochester on Saturday after its owner heard it being turned on.

The animal survived but may have suffered internal damage.

Read more
What the HELL is wrong with this kid? It doesn't say of the owner was also his parent but if not I would not blame the owner for wanting to press charges on the parents. This just makes me angry, I cannot understand why anyone would do that.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What a horrible thing. I wonder how long it was in there. Surprised to see it survived. Hopefully it doesn't have internal damage as the article suggests.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've heard of this happening before. This kid may have mental problems, this can be a sign of that and the parents should pay attention to what he does. Wouldn't blame the owner of the cat if they sued and made the parents pay for the cats vet bills.

Alta

Registered Member
I know a kid who put a cat in a freezer. I still don't know why. Someone found the cat and it's fine, but I will always wonder the motivation was. I think he was about 8 or 9 as well.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
There is something wrong with this kid, but from what I've read, it was a completely spontaneous act and the blame should realistically be put on the kid with some on the parents for not watching the kid. But if it turns out the kid has mental issues, the discussion changes topics...

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
It could have been an innocent mistake. Kids see things on tv and don't realize the power a microwave has. In the 3 Stooges movie, Moe microwaves somebody from Jersey Shore (oops-sorry to give away spoilers from that critically acclaimed movie :lol: ). That might not be the case, but it could. 8 year olds don't always have a concept of what's dangerous and what's not.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Just to build on what MiT said, I recall hearing a story one time about a young kid we knew who found a cat getting frostbite outside in winter, so they put the cat in the microwave to help warm it up. Totally accidental misconception about how things work.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It could have been an innocent mistake. Kids see things on tv and don't realize the power a microwave has. In the 3 Stooges movie, Moe microwaves somebody from Jersey Shore (oops-sorry to give away spoilers from that critically acclaimed movie :lol: ). That might not be the case, but it could. 8 year olds don't always have a concept of what's dangerous and what's not.
See I disagree with this. An 8 year old should be smart enough to know this is wrong. It's not a 2 year old, this is an 8 year old child. If he was raised the right way he should know that putting a cat in a microwave is a bad idea. Saying 'he's just kid isn't an excuse. 8 year olds aren't as stupid as people think. He should have known better.

Original

See I disagree with this. An 8 year old should be smart enough to know this is wrong. It's not a 2 year old, this is an 8 year old child. If he was raised the right way he should know that putting a cat in a microwave is a bad idea. Saying 'he's just kid isn't an excuse. 8 year olds aren't as stupid as people think. He should have known better.
That's true, but sometimes people just like hurting animals. I know it's cruel, but some people do it. Usually they start with animals and move on to other big things ... like humans. *Dramatic music*

Or he could of just been really bored.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
That's true, instead of using the 'he's just a kid' thing he could just be one very sick twisted little kid who did know what he was doing and didn't care. Some people are just bad from a young age.