Egypt teacher tried over beating

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by DinoFlintstone, Dec 21, 2008.

?

Should teachers be allowed to hit Pupils?

1. Yes.

20.0%
  2. No.

80.0%
  3. Yes, only with parental consent.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, not really, but on rare occasions, it might be okay.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

[​IMG]
    I've said it many times before, if a law came to pass where hitting Children in the U.K in School was reintroduced, and my Son was hit, I'd come into the School and hit the teacher 10x's as hard. I would make my feelings clear before-hand of course.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008

2. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

I don't have a problem with supervised paddling to an extent, but a gut punch like that is way, way too much.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Gut punch = too excessive.
    Spanking / Paddling = fine.

I wouldn't mind if a few of these kids got paddled nowadays. If the parents don't do it, surly the teachers should.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Search first Dino:

http://www.generalforum.com/other-news-discussions/egyptian-teahcer-killed-pupil-51654.html

But since this thread is getting the replies, I shall respond here.

No. No teachers should be allowed to hit students, period. Why? Because they're not their parents. Kids don't need to be beaten into fearing authority so young. If their parents feel it's necessary, let them do it. Teachers? No. Not even paddling. A lot of parents can't handle their own children, what makes you think strangers would do a better job?

5. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

No, teachers should not have the power to hit pupils in anyway, it is not there right to and should be left for parents to do if anything.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Cons hit the nail on the head. NOBODY apart from the child's parents should be allowed to spank them. I find it absolutely disgusting that people think it's alright "so long as it's mild". If you had a child would you be alright with someone hitting them if they hadn't done their homework? People here actually think children should be punished that way for something so trivial? Wow.

7. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

A lot of parents don't even care enough to try to handle them. If the parents don't do it and the teachers don't do it, who is going to teach the children?
    I didn't see anyone say that. For something as trivial as not doing homework once? No, even a paddling is excessive for that. For strong offenses, I think paddling is okay. Punching a kid is across the line no matter what, though.

8. T-Menace

T-Menace Registered Member

Unfortuately parents these days are scared to hit their kids incase they get arrested, sued or social services take the kids away.

Think you also have to seperate beating a child and using loving discipline. The idea of discipling a child is done with a view to them growing up into decent human beings and not the scum i'm sure we have all seen knocking round the streets

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

You and Vilk both said paddling was acceptable. A paddling is excessive no matter what. No child should be spanked by a teacher. It is a sick form of punishment and spanking should be done by the parents only if they wish to, not by anybody else.

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

If I was a parent I'd be pretty pissed if I heard my kid's teacher punched him in the face. Of course if my kid was doing something super stupid like throwing knives, that's something different.