• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Egypt Air Crash 224 dead

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
All 217 passengers and 7 crew are dead. The rescue workers thought they heard voices last night but no. They didnt find any survivors. The Metrojet pilot called in issues about engine problems so thats probaly what caused it to crash. There was also a fire at an airport in Fort Lauderdale Florida because leaking fuel.
They are still investigating the crash but imo what they really need to investigate is why so many accidents happen because technical issues. There shouldnt be any technical issues.
https://www.rt.com/news/320217-russian-plane-off-radars/

Its a very sad day in St. Peterburgh atm. Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sad, I wish all the families well.

I heard ISIS is claiming responsibility but I doubt they had anything to do with it, you never know when it comes to them. I'll be glad when they find out what did happen but I suspect engine trouble since the crew complained about it beforehand. Hopefully not because it was tampered with.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
They are saying now the plane broke up in the air. They still don't think ISIS shot it down but a bomb hasn't been ruled out.

http://news.yahoo.com/russian-plane-broke-apart-air-russian-aviation-official-144118046.html
Well the airline is based in Khanty-Mansi so its Russian and those airlines have a bad rep. Also the crew wasnt paid for 2 months so maybe they saved money too when they inspected the plane.
Yeah it could be terrorists but Im thinking corruption.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...examine-theory-that-Isil-bombed-airliner.html

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well the airline is based in Khanty-Mansi so its Russian and those airlines have a bad rep. Also the crew wasnt paid for 2 months so maybe they saved money too when they inspected the plane.
Yeah it could be terrorists but Im thinking corruption.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...examine-theory-that-Isil-bombed-airliner.html
Your probably right, I've read the airline has a poor record of maintenance. Russia need to regulate their airlines better and force them to do maintenance.

I wonder if the families of the passengers will sue the airline or if the government will shut them down?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Your probably right, I've read the airline has a poor record of maintenance. Russia need to regulate their airlines better and force them to do maintenance.

I wonder if the families of the passengers will sue the airline or if the government will shut them down?
Well it wouldnt hurt much if they did get shut down. Yeah its really cold in Kogalym and they need that airport but they can still get flights at Khanty-Mansiysk airport. They have UTair and they have a decent flight record. They even do relief ops for the UN. Its about 200 miles but they have trains or maybe UTair could send part of its fleet to Kogalym?

And it wont hurt Domodedovo or Vladivostok either since Metrojet only has 6 planes.
Probaly nobody will get sued since the government is paying compensation to the victims. But if its like Vnukovo then the airline compay will be ordered to make improvements and emplyees will probaly be put in jail for neglect.
Atm Metrojet has ceased all operations but its still too early to know what will happen. At least the investigation is international so that helps.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yeah I heard all about that and it really bites because the Red Seas a seriously popular destination for holidays. But I also was told that passengers could pay 20 pounds to get past airport security.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...stranded-British-tourists-latest-updates.html

So now I wonder if the bomb was in the luggage because 20 pounds and that luggage wasnt scanned either.
A lot of countries are halting flights to Egypt and even Turkey and the UK.
Imo if Egypt wont protect the airports then they should let security teams from other countries like the US do it. The US knows how to make airports tons safer.
Also ISIS is targetting both the US and Russia because airstrikes in Syria so Americans wont be safe in Egypt either.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I heard all about that and it really bites because the Red Seas a seriously popular destination for holidays. But I also was told that passengers could pay 20 pounds to get past airport security.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...stranded-British-tourists-latest-updates.html

So now I wonder if the bomb was in the luggage because 20 pounds and that luggage wasnt scanned either.
A lot of countries are halting flights to Egypt and even Turkey and the UK.
Imo if Egypt wont protect the airports then they should let security teams from other countries like the US do it. The US knows how to make airports tons safer.
Also ISIS is targetting both the US and Russia because airstrikes in Syria so Americans wont be safe in Egypt either.
Could have been planted in the luggage. I figure an airport worker did it.

I think the west and Russia should avoid Egypt until they do something about the security at their airports. Even then I think I would make sure there is a guard on these passenger jets while on the ground and not Egyptian. Egypt has a lot of ISIS sympathizers.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Could have been planted in the luggage. I figure an airport worker did it.

I think the west and Russia should avoid Egypt until they do something about the security at their airports. Even then I think I would make sure there is a guard on these passenger jets while on the ground and not Egyptian. Egypt has a lot of ISIS sympathizers.
Yeah Egypt does almost zero to protect tourists and now even when they do get home they still have to wait for their baggage. That totally bites!
And I totally do agree. The whole security team at Egyptian international airports should be from the west and NOT Egypt. Imo Egypt cant be trusted to safeguard its airports.
Until that happens my advise is to find a new travel destination for the holidays. Maybe someplace that doesnt have a huge Islamic population...