• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Edward Snowden NSA Whistleblower

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The individual responsible for one of the most significant leaks in US political history is Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old former technical assistant for the CIA and current employee of the defence contractor Booz Allen Hamilton. Snowden has been working at the National Security Agency for the last four years as an employee of various outside contractors, including Booz Allen and Dell.

Edward Snowden revealed as NSA whistleblower: ‘I have no intention of hiding’
It sounds like this man lives in fear since doing this. That would be rough looking over your shoulder all the time but he felt the truth had to come out. I am also wondering if he will be arrested for this.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope, for his sake, that he was very careful about what he released.

I'm not sure (since as a soldier I feel I shouldn't look into it too much), but I think part of the problem with Bradley Manning is that he wasn't careful enough about what he leaked

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm glad he released these papers to let people know just how extensive the spying on Americans is by the NSA. I just hope he doesn't have to spend the rest of his life in prison for it.

By doing this he gave up a job where he made $200,000 a year, nice home, girlfriend, he gave it up for the truth.

He said he hoped Obama would make reforms so disclosure wouldn't be necessary, I think I a lot of people were hoping that.
------
Lawmakers are wanting him extradited and prosecuted and he seems to have dropped from sight in Hong Kong.

NSA whistleblower disappears from sight in Hong Kong | The Raw Story

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
I worry when I hear something like that. I hope he's disappeared because he chose to hide, not because someone's trying to make him "go away"

But since he just came out publicly, it seems odd for him to suddenly hide

Iris

rainbow 11!
Yeah! I was going to post about him going missing. I don't know if he was taken out or he went into hiding. I hope he went into hiding. I think he made this a HUGE public deal so that everyone would know his name and how suspicious it would look if he was killed or just vanished in thin air.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
From not getting a high school diploma to being privy to state secrets by 29. That's amazing.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
Hong Kong is pretty famous for not extraditing, if I remember correctly. It's one of those things where he protected Americans, but we can't protect him so he needed to gtfo. Just shows you how much we really know of our own government. Sad huh?