• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Edward Scissorhands

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, for some reason I never was interested in seeing the movie "Edward Scissorhands" growing up and never saw it until the other night. I was watching Seinfeld and the episode was on where Jerry's barber keeps talking about the movie Edward Scissorhands, oddly enough. I had seen that episode many times in the past, but I decided it was high time I check out the movie for myself. After all, Johnny Depp was in it, and I've never seen a Tim Burton movie I didn't like.

Well, I feel stupid to admit that I loved the movie. The movie is a good 17 years old by now so I'm sure my sudden excitement will be met with a bit of "this is sooo yesterday's news" but hey at least I finally saw it.

The movie always seemed strange and "out there" to me, which is why I avoided it for so long. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It's been made into a musical/ballet recently as well. It's easily a classic among magical/haunted feeling movies. I'd compare it to Beauty & the Beast somewhat.

The music is some of the best I've heard in this type of movie. It was full of fantasy, mystery, and a good deal of creepyness as well. I'm really surprised that I waited so long to finally see this masterpiece.

So, who has seen this? Did you like it? I can definitely see this movie as the type that is either loved or hated. It's a unique style and feel, but, I think it definitely does a very good job of creating a fantasy world in which the audience is easily sucked in.

So there you have it, my 17 year late review of Edward Scissorhands. If you have not seen this movie yet, go see it immediately. I'm interested to hear what others thought of this.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I haven't seen it in years, but I do rememberer the story as being very deep, and dark. Crazy things like buckets of scissors, mad father, run down mansions, blood-thirsty mobs, and crazy hedge clippings are all in this movie. Sounds like a winner to me.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I, like you Andrew was always aware of this film but never really felt the urge to watch it until like last year. I was impressed too, it does the whole gothic fairytale thing really well. I'm looking forward to see Tim burton and Johnny Depp team up again on Sweeney Todd.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Funny thing is I now own this movie along with two others after forgetting to mail them back to Blockbuster Online.... :(

I haven't heard of Sweeney Todd, what type of movie is it going to be? Tim Burton is pretty lucky he became friends with Depp before he became huge. There's no way he'd be getting him to do his movies if it weren't for their long-term film relationship they have.

dDave

V.I.P.
I saw this a few months back, at first I had no idea what was going on, but I eventually understood it. It is for sure one of the most odd rolls that Johnny Depp has ever played. I didn't even know it was him until somebody told me.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Funny thing is I now own this movie along with two others after forgetting to mail them back to Blockbuster Online.... :(

I haven't heard of Sweeney Todd, what type of movie is it going to be? Tim Burton is pretty lucky he became friends with Depp before he became huge. There's no way he'd be getting him to do his movies if it weren't for their long-term film relationship they have.
Sweeney Todd is origionally a musical based around a guy whos terrible circumstances lead him to become a barber who kills people to become parts of pies. It's a really sinister musical and I'm looking forward to see what Burton does with it.

dDave

V.I.P.
Cool, I didn't know that it was a musical. I probably won't go to see it though just because I don't watch musicals ever because I usually can't stand them.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I saw this one quite a few years ago. It was OK. It wasn't one of those movies, I just want to see over and over again.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
It's a pretty good movie. Probably not on my top 10 list though...

green8659

Registered Member
I loved it. I saw it the first time when I was like 10. I really like most anything Tim Burton has done. (Excluding Corpse Bride).