Movies Edward Norton as The Hulk?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by green8659, May 18, 2008.

1. green8659

green8659 Registered Member

Okay, so I'm watching some tv and what to I see but a preview for what I assumed was The Incredible Hulk 2. But instead it looks like another remake. Did the other one just come out like 5 years ago? And of all people Edward Norton is the Hulk. I like Norton but come on he couldn't have been their first pick for that role.

Does anybody know anything about this?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)

Everything you would need to know.

I think Norton is a great pick and yes there was another Hulk but it blew harder than a hooker going down on a millionaire.

3. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I'm one of the few people who thought the Ang Lee directed HULK was one of the best superhero movies ever made. I consider it the second best Marvel movie, right behind IRON MAN, of course.

4. green8659

Norton is sickly looking and seems suited to play a very sad "feel sorry for" character or a villain. I can't seem him as a kick a** hero IMO.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I hated the first one to be honest with you, I was very disapointed after watching it.

But after seeing all the trailers for the new one, I think it's going to be great. I'm a huge fan of Edward Norton and I think he's going to do an amazing job portraying The Hulk.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree. Edward Norton will tear it up as the Hulk, in a good way.

This movie is going to be great. I'll never watch the other remake again and I'm glad they are starting fresh.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

They had to start fresh in my opinion, because the first one was complete garbage in everyones mind and in my opinion this one is going to be great becuse their going to make up for the Hulk fans that were disapointed after watching the first one.

8. booku

booku Registered Member

I believed this to be true for the first half of the movie until I got sick and tired of the overuse of PIP. At first I truly thought it was a good movie until I caught on to a little secret, that Eric Bana cannot act. I thought this little factor could be avoided but as the movie dragged on, my insides began to double over and I had to turn the crap off. This goes double for Iron Man (I know I will get a lot of hate mail for this one). I just couldn't stand IM, it was just another attempt by a director to pull out all the stops and pull every CGI effect out of the hat, don't even get me started on the atrocious movie King Kong... Sure Downy Jr played his role well, but that isn't much of a stretch is it? And casting Gwyneth Paltrow as a damsel in distress just doesn't work for me. She seems like a much stronger woman than a boss obsessed secretary. And as for Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury, please God no. Maybe in a perfect world we would have a remake of this movie with Edward Norton playing ever role, wouldn't that be a sight to see :D

As for the remake of a remake, I am thrilled. This is a little bit of old news but I am still giddy as a schoolgirl over the casting of Edward Norton, who is at this time my favorite actor. Hopefully we won't see too much of Jr. in this new Marvel movie, I guess seeing him again is inevitable as he has already been written in as making an appearance.

If you haven't seen American History X I suggest you do, he isn't exactly "sickly" looking in it, in fact he is rather beastly.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  9. green8659

I do have to admit a fresh start over the other one even with Edward Norton has to better.

10. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I'm more than willing to give the new HULK a chance mainly because Edward Norton is such a terrific actor and I don't ever remember him ever giving a bad performance, even if the movie he's in is lousy (such as Spike Lee's "25th Hour") But I'll still keep my DVD of Ang Lee's HULK in a place of honor among my superhero movie collection:D