Edmonds out 2-3 weeks

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
From rotoworld.com. I guess some things never change with some guys? Jimmy is just wearing down I think....

After getting back the results of an MRI, Padres GM Kevin Towers said Friday that Jim Edmonds would like miss two to three weeks with a strained right calf.

Being that it's Edmonds, expect it to be at least three weeks and maybe four or five. This could cause the Padres to renew efforts to find another outfielder. If the season started tomorrow, they'd probably go with Scott Hairston in center and some combination of Chase Headley, Jeff DaVanon and Jody Gerut in the corners. They do hope to have Brian Giles ready for Opening Day, though

Vegito728

Registered Member
Heh, he's hurt..............again. I liked Jimmy when we had him but I think letting him go was the best move. He's still a good defensive player but he has been constantly hurt for the last couple years and it has affected his offense drastically. I think it's about time for him to call it quits.

Last edited:

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Heh, he's hurt..............again. I liked Jimmy when we had him but I think letting him go was the best move. He's still a great defensive player but he has been constantly hurt for the last couple years and it has affected his offense. I think it's about time for him to call it quits.
And people in St Louis bitched when we traded him, how's that looking now? To get anything for him was a positive IMO.

He was my favorite player on this team while he was here but he's lost it. He's old and washed up and now he's playing in a huge stadium. I'd be shocked if he did too much this year...even though I am definitely rooting for him.

Vegito728

Registered Member
And people in St Louis bitched when we traded him, how's that looking now? To get anything for him was a positive IMO.

He was my favorite player on this team while he was here but he's lost it. He's old and washed up and now he's playing in a huge stadium. I'd be shocked if he did too much this year...even though I am definitely rooting for him.
Yeah, I'm surprised we got what we got for him. Unfortunately I don't see Jimmy being healthy this year and he'd be lucky if he plays 90-100 games.

Trading Jimmy also gives Colby Rasmus the chance to play. Of course having Jimmy in center and Rasmus in right/left would only have helped his development.

It's uncertain if he'll play this year in the Majors of course.

Last edited: