Editor options

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Steerpike, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Steerpike

Steerpike Registered Member

Would it be possible to add superscript, subscript, as well as different font styles to the editor?

How about more smilies? :D

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well, we took out the font styles because we added an option in the UserCP that allows you to set what font your posts are displayed in (Under Options towards the end of the page). And if you click "More" under the smilies you'll get a few hundred of them. Did you see those yet?

As for superscript and subscript it could be done if enough people thought it would be useful. I can't really see what it would be good for when there are already things like bold or italics you can use. What would they be used for?

3. Steerpike

I did see those, but there are others available that might be fun to use. :D

Superscript and subscript can be used for footnoting or formulae. In more serious type discussions, someone might wish to footnote their text (citing sources or whatever).

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Maybe 2 or 3 members would even bother with that...even then thats a stretch. It isnt neccessary.

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I like the font idea though.

6. Steerpike

It wasn't a question of necessity, but possibility. :D

If there would be no loss of site performance and it wasn't overly difficult to implement, then there would be no reason we could not to have the option available.