Edit Restriction!

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by PretzelCorps, Mar 30, 2010.

1. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

Goddamn! I did it again! :lol:

Is there any way to alter or lax the edit restrictions, because apparently I use that function waaaaaaaay too much. Or even just post what the actual restriction is.

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

How did you do it again?

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

there's an edit restriction?

4. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

What's the restriction? Second time I heard of it.

5. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

I was playing in subtalk, and totally forgot all over again. :cry:
    ------
    If you edit five posts in quick succession, you get slapped with a 'you can't edit anymore' message. I have no idea how long in between edits you get.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I wish character minimums and stuff like the edit restrictions were taken away if you're VIP. that'd be sweet.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

The edit restriction is actually a good thing. Say somebody hacks your account or you leave yourself logged in somewhere. This way they can only screw up 5 of your posts before getting flagged. It's also in place so spammers don't join and make a bunch of decent posts and then go edit them all and put in spam links.

If you accidentally trigger it then you can just PM me and have me fix it. Now, if you accidentally trigger it all the time then maybe I will just leave your account as is for a while. :lol:

8. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I guess that's reasonable. Unless they know about it, and get around it that way.

Since you're only 1 admin, and occasionally you're busy, what do you think of letting someone else have admin rights (or maybe limited admin rights) as well? Maybe make a new position, and promote one of the Super Mods? Or would that create too many potential problems?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010