Edit Restriction!

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Goddamn! I did it again! :lol:

Is there any way to alter or lax the edit restrictions, because apparently I use that function waaaaaaaay too much. Or even just post what the actual restriction is.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I was playing in subtalk, and totally forgot all over again. :cry:
------
If you edit five posts in quick succession, you get slapped with a 'you can't edit anymore' message. I have no idea how long in between edits you get.

Last edited:

Iris

rainbow 11!
I wish character minimums and stuff like the edit restrictions were taken away if you're VIP. that'd be sweet.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
The edit restriction is actually a good thing. Say somebody hacks your account or you leave yourself logged in somewhere. This way they can only screw up 5 of your posts before getting flagged. It's also in place so spammers don't join and make a bunch of decent posts and then go edit them all and put in spam links.

If you accidentally trigger it then you can just PM me and have me fix it. Now, if you accidentally trigger it all the time then maybe I will just leave your account as is for a while. :lol:

Wade8813

Registered Member
The edit restriction is actually a good thing. Say somebody hacks your account or you leave yourself logged in somewhere. This way they can only screw up 5 of your posts before getting flagged. It's also in place so spammers don't join and make a bunch of decent posts and then go edit them all and put in spam links.

If you accidentally trigger it then you can just PM me and have me fix it. Now, if you accidentally trigger it all the time then maybe I will just leave your account as is for a while. :lol:
I guess that's reasonable. Unless they know about it, and get around it that way.

Since you're only 1 admin, and occasionally you're busy, what do you think of letting someone else have admin rights (or maybe limited admin rights) as well? Maybe make a new position, and promote one of the Super Mods? Or would that create too many potential problems?

Last edited: