Edge, the real World Champion

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Looks like the Major Brothers have jumped aboard as well. What an awesome match last night. All hail Edge.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

What was the deal with the "3 Edges"? I didn't see it but I read about that and got confused. What the hell are they talking about?

3. Millz

During the match Edge was outside of the ring. Then another Edge entered and Undertaker destroyed him. Then while those two Edge's were outside the ring, a third Edge attacked Undertaker and got annihilated. Then Undertaker tombstoned Batista and the real Edge, who was no longer injured, clocked Taker with a chair and covered an unconscious Batista to win. The fake Edge's turned out to be the Major Brothers dressed like Edge. Fake tatoos and all.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am glad that Edge one, he's a great wrestler, and he's really good on the microphone. He's also a great heel. I didn't expect him to win, especially the way he did, but I'm glad he's now the real World Champion, hopefully he can have a long run with the title.

5. datruth

datruth Registered Member

wwe is fake and they lost my interest years ago

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Who cares? Adam Copeland has amazing charisma, and has ever since he debuted with Christian in the WWF. I'm really shocked that it's taken him this long to rise to the top, but he deserves it. Why? Let's go over the facts.

Anyone remember the first No Mercy? Or, maybe it was one of the firsts. I seem to remember the first TLC match, ever, between Edge & Christian, The Hardyz, and The Dudley Boyz. I haven't seen it since it's first broadcast, but I remember it as being the greatest match I've ever seen. Better than Taker/Mankind in the Hell in a Cell, better than the first time ANYONE, EVER had picked Andrey the Giant off of the mat (Hogan, by the way.. wasn't it a modified fireman's carry?), and better than Micheals/Heart (it was Heart, right?) in the best fucking Iron Man match I've seen in my life.

Why, you ask? Because it was original. Tables for the Dudleys, ladders for the Hardyz, and chairs for Edge and Christian. These guys were at a serious disadvantage here. In fact, I remember the Hardyz being the fan favs, while E&C were the heels, and at a disadvantage because their specialty was below what everyone else had already accomplished. The Hardyz were still up and coming at the time, of course, but the Dudleys were legends by then. What E&C had done for wrestling with just that single match shows me that both competitors deserved to be top talent A.S.A.P..

I've ranted a bit, probably a bit hard to follow, but my main point is that Edge deserves every shot he has, and every title reign that he's had. The man is incredibly charismatic, and always has been. He deserves a main event spot on RAW.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not an E&C fanboy. I'm New Age Outlaws all the way.

Millz likes this.
  7. Millz

Thanks very much for your pointless input.

And Scuba...

I can't agree more with what you said. Edge is the best heel in the WWE now and is on top of the world. The only thing I would have him do next is beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 24. That'll make him a legend.

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

While I thank you for your compliment, but you have to remember that what makes a legend isn't if they're a face or heel, it's how the crowd reacts to each persona. Jericho, HHH, and The Rock were all guys that were awesome at switching between face/heel characters. Steve Austin was a lifetime face, and he became a legend, but not everyone can have the immense popularity that Austin did. Sorry, but Edge is no Stone Cold. I don't think he's the type to be able to carry a full heel persona, or a full face persona. Eventually I'd like to see him worked into one of those tweener characters where he switched back and forth, he has the talent for that.

As for what you said about Wrestlemania, I have to fully disagree with you. Edge should NOT beat Undertaker. It's obvious that Taker is near the end of his career, no more than two or three full years left, and I feel that he should never be beaten at Wrestlemania. Edge should only win against another legend like Foley, Austin (if he can still wrestle, but I wouldn't want to see him lose), HHH, or HBK in an iron man match. With HBK being in the twilight of his career also (but having more time left than Taker), I think that Edge beating HBK in an iron man match main event at Wrestlemania, for a title, would be perfect for both careers.

From what I've seen, HBK is basically a jobber to the stars now.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Edge is one of the best wrestlers in the business today, he has improved so much from is days when he was with the Brood. He's become a great talker, and he knows how to get the fans going. It's ashame that he's on Smackdown because I believe he belongs on Raw, but I think he's a hell of a wrestler and each time he wrestles he puts on a hell of a match.

10. Millz

Scuba...

I've had this discussion on this board before, or Fusion I guess it was, about the Undertaker losing at Wrestlemania. Taker is one of the best of all time and him finally losing at 'Mania will do nothing at all to hurt the legacy that he has. The reason you build someone up like this is not only to make that person look like an unstoppable force, but you also do it to have someone knock that person off and all of a sudden you have TWO major stars now. If you let Taker be undefeated his entire career at WM you are letting an opportunity slip away and honestly you are wasting a huge chance to elevate someone to immortality.

Is Edge the person to do it? I dont see why not. Right now he's had more Tag Title reigns than any other wrestler of ALL TIME. He's a former IC champ, a former United States Champ, a WWE Champ and a two time World Champ. And he's still young and an awesome talker. If Edge beats Undertaker he is elevated to that level most wrestlers do not achieve. You cant have a guy like HHH or HBK do it, that's dumb. Use Undertaker's streak as a platform to make someone into a real wrestling God.