• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Edge departure rumors

Tucker

Lion Rampant
rajah.com said:
The Wrestling Observer has indicated a few times in the past year that a WWE main eventer plans on leaving the organization once his current contract expires. The wrestler has been speculated as Edge, [whose] deal runs out next year. The Wrestling Observer also notes that four other wrestlers are looking to leave WWE when their contracts expire.
There's always buzz near the end of a top Superstar's contract, but it sounds as though Meltzer may have the inside scoop on this one. Time for E&C II, damn it! Now, what I'm wondering is this: if you're Adam Copeland, what do you do after WWE? Also, do any of you have a sense of who the other four with allegedly itchy feet might be?

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Edge just needs a break, and deserves one too. I think he might take one or two years off then get that itch again and re-join the WWE. I hope he doesn't leave, since he's currently one of my favorite superstars to watch on a week to week basis but I would understand if he did.

Regarding the four other superstars, for some reason I cannot put a finger on who they're. Wouldn't be surprised if Mysterio and Undertaker were part of that group, both are at there tail end of their careers, mostly due to lingering injuries.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I think Edge deserves a break, but with the sheer amount of injuries he has had recently as well as the fact that he has been in the business longer than a lot of people remember, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired. He has gone through a lot.

Now with the question of who are the other four leaving when their contracts expire??? The REAL question is are they retiring or taking a break?

Mysterio is an obvious name, but other names that could fit the bill are Taker, Kane, Regal...

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Edge really deserves a break, he has been a soldier for the past 2 years or more and definetly deserves some rest.

Speaking of the other 4 big names I am pretty sure Mysterio and Undertaker are on that list and possibly Big Slow.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Edge really deserves a break, he has been a soldier for the past 2 years or more and definetly deserves some rest.

Speaking of the other 4 big names I am pretty sure Mysterio and Undertaker are on that list and possibly Big Slow.
We may all be just saying Taker, but I think he will retire over taking a break. Big Show never popped into my head. He is getting up there in the years and deserves a bit of a break. Whether his contract is up or not is another question.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I could see Edge taking a break as others have mentioned; I also keep his neck in mind. I remember upon his return reading an article in WWE magazine, saying that he really didn't think he had a lot of time left. He's more than exceeded that time he had mentioned, so maybe he's wanting to call it quits at this point. I don't know.

I only think there's a 1% chance, but maybe a lighter TNA schedule sounds good to him physically and/or mentally. I know it seems unlikely, but so did Kurt Angle.

Then again, he could just renew.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I only think there's a 1% chance, but maybe a lighter TNA schedule sounds good to him physically and/or mentally. I know it seems unlikely, but so did Kurt Angle.
That could be a possible situation, but Kurt left the WWE totally, not for a break, I believe. If Edge leaves the WWE, I doubt he would go to TNA. He is too big for TNA.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That could be a possible situation, but Kurt left the WWE totally, not for a break, I believe. If Edge leaves the WWE, I doubt he would go to TNA. He is too big for TNA.
I think a break for Edge or retirement is more likely than TNA (if this scenario actually even plays out, which I'm not totally buying).

That being said, we would have said the same exact thing about Kurt Angle before he left the WWE totally. He was on the same level as Edge as far as being a main eventer and a champion. I guess you never know totally what people are thinking. I'm figuring that Edge is happy with WWE as a company, but we always talk about TNA's lighter schedule around here.

Just wanted to toss the idea out there for discussion, really.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Obviously I don't want to see this happen but if it's for the best then that's the way it goes. Edge is still my favorite performer so eh, I don't want him to go haha.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Edge has been a very solid performer for WWE for a very long time. He's had a few injuries and, at this stage in his career, he deserves a choice in what company he performs for.

TNA needs someone like him.