• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Edge and the trade to Smackdown

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sooo Edge was traded to Smackdown this Monday and the rumor is CM Punk coming over to RAW...makes sense, I like it.

Also appears Edge is a face again and so far he's been tremendous in that role AGAIN. Belittling Michael Cole was so damn funny on Monday I'll almost peed my pants. Only makes sense to see Edge captain Smackdown's team at Bragging Rights.

Thoughts on Edge's face turn for the 2nd time this year and his move to Smackdown?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
This is actually a good thing for both guys.

Edge was getting lost in the shuffle on RAW. His move to SmackDown makes him a big fish in a little pond. With that in his advantage, he'll probably be in the World Heavyweight Championship picture in a few months. And let's face it, apart from Kane and Taker, SmackDown doesn't have much going for it anyways. At least this way they can boost their ratings a little.

CM Punk wasn't being used properly since that dumb angle with Rey Mysterio. The only thing keeping him a float and in the spotlight is his exceptionally good mic skills. Anyways, Edge's move to SmackDown gives me a legit reason to watch it since I'm not a big fan of SmackDown.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! I think it's a great move to have CM Punk move to Raw(if the rumor is true.) I would love to see him feud with Daniel Bryan for the US Title, these two guys have history and would put on a hell of a show for the fans.

Edge going to Smackdown was the best move, like Bubbles mentioned he was getting lost in the shuffle, and moving him to Smackdown was the best decision to make. Hopefully he'll be able to start challenging the World Champion after the Kane/Undertaker feud comes to an end.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
CM Punk definitely deserves more status again, and if a move to RAW makes it happen I'm all for it.

I doubt it will happen, but I'd love to see him keep the SES alive and bring in some members from the RAW roster. Darren Young was in the battle royal the other night, and is his former rookie. hahaha. Still, it would be something to do with some unused guys. Doesn't have to be on par with the Nexus, but could give a few guys a place to go, or a new tag team, etc.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
CM Punk definitely deserves more status again, and if a move to RAW makes it happen I'm all for it.

I doubt it will happen, but I'd love to see him keep the SES alive and bring in some members from the RAW roster. Darren Young was in the battle royal the other night, and is his former rookie. hahaha. Still, it would be something to do with some unused guys. Doesn't have to be on par with the Nexus, but could give a few guys a place to go, or a new tag team, etc.

I agree, I like the trade, because I get to see CM Punk on Monday nights. I don't get the Syfy channel in my area, so I can't watch Smackdown anymore. But Edge will definitely shine over there like he always does.