Eddie Izzard - Marathon Man

Bananas

Endangered Species
43 marathons in 51 days!

Eddie completed this feat last year and its hard not to take inspiration from him. Sadly I dont think the run got the recognition it deserved and although he raised in excess of £1m for charity the enormity of what he did kind of went under the radar.

Watch the first few minutes of this and listen to his Doctors consultation.

YouTube - Eddie Izzard - Marathon Man. Season 1 Episode 1. Part 1of6

wolfheart

Registered Member
I watched some of this last night, and got to admit what he did is mind blowing, to run one marathon is hard enough.
I saw the bit where he was having his feet looked at because of the blisters just as he was getting into Wales.

My hat goes off to him.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I've seen bits of this before and I think what he has managed to accomplish is really really impressive and amazing, it must of been very challenging for him. Well done to him for doing it

Bananas

Endangered Species
I'd seen it last night too. Although I heard about it on the news, radio, local paper etc.. I did not know much about it. I was under the impression he was a runner and had trained for ages but to go straight out and just run day after day is nuts.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I had not heard that much about it to be honest, I did see him running through Hammersmith in the summer, in training I guess, but I just thought he was on keep fit drive like a lot of stars.

To jump straight into something like that, without having any real experience in long distance running is insane, but he raised a lot of money and it will be something to remember for the rest of his life.