ECW

padd

Registered Member
I noticed that whenver someone becomes a superstar, they move from ECW and into a major brand

whats the point of ECW?
1) its not extreme
2) its got nobody
3)the people its got do nothing
4)its boring.. seen it once and fell asleep
5)its a joke

Is this one of Vince's side dishes to generate a small, but side profit?.. Well, tell me what you think about ECW. I'd LOVE ECW if they converted back to their 90's style. I mean COME ON the ECW championship title match @ wrestlemania is not fought under extreme rules.
what a joke!

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
Here's my mentality on the issue: any additional wrestling programming is a GOOD THING!!!

You can catch some quality matches on ECW. A true wrestling fan, IMO, should be glad to have a match to watch...even if it's a lame one such as Snitsky vs. Colin Delany!

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I noticed that whenver someone becomes a superstar, they move from ECW and into a major brand

whats the point of ECW?
1) its not extreme
2) its got nobody
3)the people its got do nothing
4)its boring.. seen it once and fell asleep
5)its a joke

Is this one of Vince's side dishes to generate a small, but side profit?.. Well, tell me what you think about ECW. I'd LOVE ECW if they converted back to their 90's style. I mean COME ON the ECW championship title match @ wrestlemania is not fought under extreme rules.
what a joke!
ECW is there, IMO, to help elevate younger guys until they are ready to go to the big show. I dont think it'll reach the popularity of RAw or SD! and I Dont think Vince expects it to either. Its a glorified minor leagues with major stars on it.

I dont agree its got nobody. Kane, CM Punk, Chavo Guerrero, Benjamin, Miz, Morrison etc are all capable wrestlers.

I watch the show every week and compared to the other shows that air is the worst, but i dont hate it. ECW isnt the same as it was...its just got the name. Old ECW is dead, this is an entirely different thing.

C_mac

Registered Member
What is the point of ECW? The point is to give guys a chance. There are too many big names on RAW and Smackdown. People like Morrison, Chavo, and Miz do not have a chance. It gives them experience. Look at Morrison. He was very bland, now my favorite WWE superstar. ECW is just letters. You will not see lots of violence again. WWE uses a safe style.

ECW is my favorite brand. It has the balance of wrestling and drama. Raw is too much drama. Smackdown is too much wrestling without the good feuds. I watch any match on ECW and still enjoy it. The feuds are bad either.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
Aside from opportunities for new people (Punk, etc.) on ECW, it serves as a good platform for quality vets who might not be fitting the mold elsewhere (Chavo).

Jakey-D

Registered Member
It's not the same ECW simple as that.

In my opinion they should really just change the name of it because most fans know it's not really ECW, the athletes in it know it's not really ECW and the WWE management know it's not really ECW.

Everyone who has posted in this thread so far see's it for what it is. A 'training camp' almost for upcoming youngsters or established stars who aren't currently being used in big storylines.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
It's not the same ECW simple as that.

In my opinion they should really just change the name of it because most fans know it's not really ECW, the athletes in it know it's not really ECW and the WWE management know it's not really ECW.

Everyone who has posted in this thread so far see's it for what it is. A 'training camp' almost for upcoming youngsters or established stars who aren't currently being used in big storylines.
I've thought of them changing the name, and I'm not sure what I think. It's a very different breed, but every once in a while you'll see a classic ECW extreme rules match, hear the ECW chants, and know that the legacy at least is still alive. I wouldn't be opposed to a name change, but I kind of like it how it is.

padd

Registered Member
I dont agree its got nobody. Kane, CM Punk, Chavo Guerrero, Benjamin, Miz, Morrison etc are all capable wrestlers.
Chavo makes a weekly appearance on Smackdown, CM Punk is likley to leave soon if he's to get a push. Kane has a history of succes, i think He's somewhat on the roster to make it look good. And anyways, all those people you mentioned.. are repedetly appearing on the 2 major brands, so if they are big names.. Raw and Smackdown help them gain popularity.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
The way that I look at ECW now, is an updated version of Heat. You still have a few good names on the roster, and a lot of good young talent that has not yet been established. Having the letters of ECW though is a joke, it was a cheap way to promote the show. If they had Heat on Tuesday nights it would of not draw in rating initially. The letter ECW is just a marketing ploy and hopefully WWE will change it later on.