ECW return to the glory days?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by PhillyKid90210, Oct 27, 2007.

1. I think that wwe should make ecw extreme again. Thats the only way that they will be good like they use to. Sci-fi already told wwe that if ecw did'nt do good this time it would be no next time. So this is a good opening to make ecw extreme again. Bring in young guys from roh and stuff like that and other young guys from the other shows raw and smackdown. Bring in some old superstars too and have them be in extreme matches and stuff like that like what ecw did back then when they first started out. Bring in more titles and have more matches on the ppvs. If wwe does that ecw will be good like what they use to be proably even better. What do you people think.

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

It'd never be better. You just can't match the orginal ECW. Besides the WWE won't wanna risk having a lot of injuries caused because of a hardcore division.

3. Kazofadown16

Kazofadown16 Guest

Making ECW extreme like that again is a terrible idea. It was garbage wrestling back then and it would be again today. Not too mention the injuries that might occur. The only reason that worked back in the 90's was because it was different and those guys were rebelling against WWF and WCW and it was a nice alternative. Eventually, that got old.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I'll be less of a dick about it like Kaz, but I'm with him on what he says. ECW isn't the same as it was and it'll never go back to that whether we want it to or not. It's the C brand, more of a development league on television and I think it'll stay that way. Use it as a way to elevate guys into big stars. AKA Punk, Lashley, Morrison, Miz etc

5. Okay well atleast change the name of the show and just make it a regular show like heat or velocity instead of a C brand show. Go back to a 2 brand show Raw and Smackdown. Can't have it be called ECW and its not extreme anymore. And put it on a better network. The show could be a development show like it is now. Except it won't be a C brand show. And have no titles and have no ppv matches either. Just a regular show li9ke Heat and Velocity.

6. Kazofadown16

Kazofadown16 Guest

I will agree with the name change aspect of the third brand...it doesn't really fit anymore. The only reason Vince still uses it probably is because of the fact ppl have heard of ECW. If he names it something else people might not tune in cuz they dont know what it is

Call it WCW :)

7. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I would actually approve of Vince bringing back WCW. Why not make WWE on Monday, ECW on Tuesday and WCW on Friday? That would be weird as hell haha. Vince owning all those names like that.