ECW is it a joke?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by generalblue, Apr 2, 2008.

1. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

When the WWE introduced to us that ECW was going to be a weekly show, I was excited. I was anticipating hardcore matches, new rivalries, and a whole new story. The first show after one night stand was good, then after that it started to go downhill. ECW does have a few great matches and one memory that I will alway remember, but it seems as if Vince McMahon took what was once his competition and flushed it down the toilet for the world to see one more time. When they came up with the concept of "Extreme Rule Match" was when it went downhill. ECW was extreme. You do anything you have to do to get the win. There was nobody getting disqualified or getting counted out. Don't get me started with Kelly Kelly, she is a waste of airtime. What happened to Elijah Burke, he is a great wrestler and he got squashed, WWE gave up on him. The storylines, to bland. They got rid of all the originals except for Tommy Dreamer. And to top it off, the ECW Title switched hands in 10 seconds at Wrestlemania. That was a slap in the face to all of what ECW used to be. Vince McMahon has made a mockery of ECW and if I was just as rich and powerful as he was, I would of probably done the same thing.

But on a good note, the fans found CM Punk, hopefully we will see Elijah Burke get pushed. We see new talent and low mid carders trying to make a name for themselves. ECW has Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke, and CM Punk!!! If the WWE really wants to get creative they can make ECW successul, a place for the young superstars to shine. But I doubt it.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

ECW has been a joke since the WWE has owned it.

It will never live up to its former glory.

Millz likes this.
  3. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

That is true, but they can redefine it. But everybody knows that won't happen

4. Merc

Nope, certainly won't. I mean, they won't even bring back the hardcore title (which they should, they need it) so why would they bother making ECW anything more than a watered down Raw?

5. Nothing ever does...When Taker returned back to his Dark Phenom Gimmick, it was great but just fell short of his former Glory of the Dark Days. Even if ECW went all Extreme again and was exactly what they use to be, it'll never and could never live up to it.

6. Merc

But they could regain some luster if the WWE knew what people wanted and chose to follow that knowledge.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

ECW will never be what fans expect it to be unless you resurrect the Hardcore title and replace the ECW world title with it AND they made all/most of the matches have hardcore rules.

Imagine the ECW title being defended everywhere 24 hours a day.

Millz likes this.
  8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I hate the new ECW, it's shouldn't be even called ECW because it's not even Extreme anymore. They don't have all those hardcore matches anymore. You don't see weapons used every matches. It's just not the same and I have to say that I'm a little disapointed.

Millz likes this.
  9. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I do agree sort of on all of the points you all made but quite frankly I dont think ECW is all that bad. Its not the same ECW, we all knew that coming in. At least I did. I think there should be more extreme rules matches but not too many becausae when they happen its a little more special.

There are some talented guys on ECW but some things do need to change to make things a little better. Its damn hard to hav e a quality TV show when its only an hour. The past 6 months or so havent been half bad, but I do think its a little watered down. I havent given up on it yet.

10. Merc

You know ECW is pointless when the title switches hands in 6 seconds . . at the biggest pay per view in the business.