ECW Breakdown

- The set is the usual UK deal with a phone box, London bus etc.

- ECW got started with CM Punk backstage with the New Breed. Punk gave one of those phony heel apologies and said to put it behind them as they’ve got the 8-man elimination match coming up tonight.

- Bobby Lashley beat Umaga via DQ in their WrestleMania 23 rematch. After the match, Lashley beat down Armando and Vince.

- Elijah Burke cut a promo saying tonight was the biggest night of the New Breed’s life.

- A video for The Condemned aired.

- Snitsky beat Balls Mahoney in a short match.

- CM Punk returned for another New Breed match ahead of tonight’s ECW main event.

- A video aired to plug the Dusty Rhodes DVD, which has been out for a year or so.

- The ECW Originals (RVD, Sabu, Sandman, Dreamer) took on The New Breed. Punk was made by Burke to sit at ringside to keep it 4 on 4 as The New Breed team is Burke, Striker, Cor Von and Thorn. They eventually get down to Burke vs RVD. Punk laid out Burke with a kick, leading to Van Dam hitting him with the frogsplash and getting the win.

Post-match, Punk hit Burke with the Go To Sleep to end the ECW taping.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Strange show tonight but as much as im shocked to say it ECW actually seems to be coming along with some good shows and ideas over the last little while. It will never be as good as the old ECW though. That was classic wrestling.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Well from it came guys like Benoit , Guerrero , Dudleys etc like guys that will go down as some of the best ever. Then you had some all time great matches like the 2 out of 3 falls match between Guerrero and Malenko or the famous Benoit vs Sabu match where Sabu broke his neck. Basically my point is that some of the stuff from ECW will always live in our wrestling minds as "classic" events in the sport.

Well from it came guys like Benoit , Guerrero , Dudleys etc like guys that will go down as some of the best ever. Then you had some all time great matches like the 2 out of 3 falls match between Guerrero and Malenko or the famous Benoit vs Sabu match where Sabu broke his neck. Basically my point is that some of the stuff from ECW will always live in our wrestling minds as "classic" events in the sport.
Oh ok I thought you meant they were like the best mat wrestlers ever rofl.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Small regional promotion that great into a global empire only to crash under the weight of its own success. I never forget that line when I think of ECW.