economy/ gas prices

raye_raye

my bologna has a 1st name
so to oppose my last gas topic

Now that the economy is shot to shit, gas is going down...

whats gas cost where you are?

In southern Alabama it is $2.99!! It hasn't been less than $3 since '06

Last edited:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
$3.09 here. It was $3.79 like a month ago. The economic bubble burst and the speculators are beginning to freak. Prices of everything have dropped, and will continue to do so.

Last edited:
Yeah it's 2.71 here. Thank goodness, and it keeps dropping, but we know it's going to get higher.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Yeah it's 2.71 here. Thank goodness, and it keeps dropping, but we know it's going to get higher.
Doubtful. At least anytime soon. The dollar has really taken it up the ass from all this economic crap. I'm guessing we'll see low 2's high 1's by the end of the year again.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its been dropping here as well, I've been paying 0.98cents a liter during the last few weeks, hopefully it can go down even more, this is great.

This in Canadian money by the way.

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
Doubtful. At least anytime soon. The dollar has really taken it up the ass from all this economic crap. I'm guessing we'll see low 2's high 1's by the end of the year again.
That makes no sense. With the dollar being worth less, that means we end up having to pay foreign countries more for the gas and in turn would end up paying higher costs for it. When the dollar is higher in value then we get more bang for the buck.

Bananas

Endangered Species
£1.06 a litre in the UK

That is US$1.86.
(x 3.8)
= $7.06 a gallon(US)

Personaly the high prices dont bother me, petrol should be seen as a luxury and not wasted. Meanwhile the cost of household gas and electricity is still rising:(, I'd be happy to see the govt. subsidise household fuel by taxing the filling pumps; making it more affordable to heat your home whilst less economical to run oversized vehicles on needless journeys.