Nintendo Echoes' Zelda Quest: Second Attempt

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Major, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I've been jonesing to play some Zelda lately, and since I'm a loser and have a lot of free time on my hands I'm going to try another Zelda Quest. It's been over three and a half years since I started my first one, which I never did finish. I haven't really played any video games in a long time, so we'll see how long this will hold my interest before I get bored.

The idea of a Zelda Quest is to play all of the games in a row (not in one sitting :shocked:) over a period of time. My goal will be about three months.

Here's the list of the games I'll be playing and the consoles I'll be playing them on...

Legend of Zelda - GBA
    Zelda II: Adventure of Link - GBA
    A Link to the Past - SNES (I have the GBA version, but prefer the original)
    Link's Awakening DX - GBA
    Ocarina of Time Master Quest - Gamecube (I've never actually beaten the MQ, the GC controls bug me)
    Majora's Mask - Nintendo 64
    Oracle of Seasons/Ages - GBA (I've never beaten Ages yet)
    Wind Waker - Gamecube
    Twilight Princess - Gamecube

The first two games I can beat in a couple sittings. The others take a lot longer. I don't think I'm going to play them in order this time. I'm thinking of starting with OoT Master Quest and doing either WW or MM after that. I'd like to get some of the long games out of the way early on.

viLky likes this.

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Question: is your quest to rush and beat the game, or to collect the heart pieces and do side-quest, too?

Good luck! Give us updates so we see where you're at. =D

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

It depends on the game. Some games I will probably rush through, others I will try to enjoy them and do some of the side-quests. During my first Zelda Quest I was collecting every heart piece and mask in Majora's Mask, but that could be the reason why I quit halfway through and never finished the quest. Some of the things are just too tedious.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Good luck, My Zelda Quest has been on pause for who knows how long? haha :lol: (http://www.generalforum.com/nintendo/ddaves-zelda-quest-33799.html)

I did everything but Twilight Princess, I feel the time coming that I should finish it, and possibly finish my Donkey Kong Quest that I only did half way.

I think I finished my Sonic Quest, except for one game >_<

So Twilight Princess Here i come! I love the atmosphere in that game, I'll be playing it on Wii.

Hopefully I'll beat you to the end Echoes.

5. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

You can get Ocarina of Time on the GameCube? :eyebrow:

I really want to play OoT again, but my controller is bust for the N64. I have a GameCube but I don't play it much; if I could get OoT on that I'd hook that up quicker than you can say Ganondorf. :nod:

6. dDave

Yeah it's part of a collectors disc that came with gamecubes everywhere for a while.

The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It comes with

The Legend Of Zelda
    Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link
    Zelda Ocarina Of Time
    Zelda Majora's Mask

Great deal if you ask me, but i prefer to play on N64 when I can, and as far as I know my Collectors disc has something wrong with it, it was either the disc or the gamecube I was using but it jammed and I couldn't finish Majora's Mask on it.

It might be cheaper to get a new N64 controller :lol:

7. Chaos

Well considering that if I were just to get a new controller, I would only have OoT to play because that's all I have for the N64, plus it would be a lot easier to rig my GameCube up than my N64 - and then not to mention the fact that there's nowhere around my area (that I know of) that would even sell an N64 controller...

I'm not sure but I think it might be easier all round to look for this GameCube sepcial discy thing. That way I'll at least have a couple of games to play in addition to OoT! :D

So they came with GC's on sale, you say...do you think they'd sell them seperately now? Or would I have to look for a used copy somewhere?

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

How's the quest coming along, Echoes? Still eager to do it, or has that started to dwindle a bit?

Oh, and I can only imagine somebody having a Final Fantasy Quest. Can you imagine how long that would take? Heh, years, anybody? =P

9. dDave

no they don't sell them separately now, they only came with Gamecube as a special promotion for a while.

There are just a few places I know of that you could get it, first is gamestop (I know you can get it online) or you could always go check ebay I know there are several on there all the time at least.

But no matter what you do, it will be used, there are very very few brand new discs left out there.

10. Chaos

Lame. I mean, I'm fine with playing a used disc, it's no big deal to me. But what is this Gamestop? I've heard someone talk about it before. Is it just an online thing? And is it US only or anything?