• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

EBT benefit card glitch, no spending limit.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) system allows recipients of government food stamps to purchase goods using a digital card with a set spending limit, but for a few hours over the weekend, that limit disappeared for many users visiting Walmart stores in Louisiana.

EBT benefit card glitch sparks Walmart shopping sprees in Louisiana - CBS News
I don't think Wal-Mart should of kept taking their cards. What these people did is stealing and should have to pay it back. I hope they stop reloading their cards until the difference is made up.

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
They shouldn't stop re-loading the cards. They should continue to load the cards normally until the negative balance is made up for.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I definitely think Wal-Mart should be on the hook. Besides knowing there was a glitch and they should have suspended taking EBT cards temporarily, why were they selling TV's and other items on the card? Is that regularly allowed?

I also think these people should have known better, that they DON'T have unlimited balances and they should be prosecuted for theft.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Besides knowing there was a glitch and they should have suspended taking EBT cards temporarily, why were they selling TV's and other items on the card? Is that regularly allowed?
Some states allow cash assistance on top of food stamps. It is entirely possible that the cash assistance part also glitched to having no limit.