ebook resale

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by LicentiousVenus, May 1, 2005.

1. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post....but was wondering if anyone has ever tried to make money selling e-books...I was thinking if i created some original ones that were actually helpful they may sell....what do you think?

2. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Well i tried this at one time about 3 yrs ago with no luck but it may work for you there is a bunce of people out there selling them and some are worth it and some arent

3. LicentiousVenus

i was going to take information from some of them that i have bought to basically increase my feedback rating....most of them are useless....but have some helpful links...figured i'd make them more user friendly (so they actually work on all computers) and take out all the junk...add in my own advice and so forth...I guess its worth a try, i think selling cheap would be best...i'll just make mine cheaper than the others...i don't know why some people try to charge more than a dollar for theirs...they just aren't worth it.

4. doubles2004

Yea its worth trying and makeing them cheaper will help i wish you all the luck with them i bought abunch of them about computors but they were worthless but some had a few good ideas

5. LicentiousVenus

thanks for your input....i'll be happy if i can make just 10 dollars a week on it...trying to set up my ebay so i'll have some good sales going once school starts up again..this is just one of my plans...hopefully this will not be my main ebay income..i'd really like to sell custom graphics....but what is there to lose with no more than the lisiting fee involved

6. doubles2004

Well you got the right frame of mind there and when you get them up let me know i might be interested in some myself

7. LicentiousVenus

I'll let ya know...it will be a couple weeks because I want it to be done right...not that junk that people just throw together

8. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

I have never bought one. Too scared of getting junk KWIM? But if you can make one that works then you may have some luck with it. Cant hurt to try :) Good Luck!

9. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Whitney, before you change and resell these e-books, where did you purchase them? Most e-book companies hold the copyright on the books for 3 years. Believe it or not, e-books are becoming more and more popular due to the fact that they are much easier to transport than a traditional book; you can take 100's of e-books downloaded to a disk on a vacation, compared to just a few paperbacks. When you purchase a book from a bookstore, you DO NOT have the right to change the text. Most e-books are the same, so please be very cautious before adding "your own advice"!

10. LicentiousVenus

you do have a point there....i know i have the resale rights...everything else is fairly vague....most of the ones i have are junk anyway...I may just wright one on something like html for aucitons or whatever...that way i don't have to worry about it....thanks, you may have saved me some trouble later down the road