• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ebola, 42 or 21 day incubation period?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
In the WHO’s Ebola situation assessment newsletter released October, 14, 2014, it notes that 1 in 20 Ebola infections actually has an incubation period twice as long as the 21 days claimed by the CDC.

WHO: Ebola Incubation Period 42 Days NOT 21
So which is it? If this is true then some of the people in quarantine could come down with it after the 21 days.

Thoughts?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I'd suggest a quarantine period of 2 months just to be damn sure. Even 5% of potentially infected individuals slipping through with the bug is unacceptable.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I would go with 2 months but that may not work either. The CDC thought they had it beat in one of those African countries and then a new epidemic broke out. They were really surprised by the new outbreak and that does not send a message that they know enough about stopping Ebola.