• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

ebayer bought my item. now he clain the shipping is high and are threating me

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I did that once. Somebody bid and never paid so instead of leaving a neg right away, I wanted a while to get closer to the cutoff. It's kind of a dirty trick, but so is ruining somebody's auction by bidding and never picking up your phone or returning emails, or paying for that matter.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I once left feedback after 5 months but they probably fixed that. it was about a year ago : )

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
alapimba said:
The shipping is real, i'm not stealing money. It's 9£ and it includes recorded delivery shipping and packaging. he says he don't want recorded delivery but it's something that i never even mention because i don't send my items other way or it would never arrive at the destination
If that's true, then you should be able to prove it. Get receipts, get proof of shipping quotes from the post office, get the packaging material cost checked, do everything you can to show that the shipping cost adds up. It's not that hard.

Now he wants to void the auction by mutual agreement when there is no mutual agreement here! he said if i don't want to do the mutual agreement and prefer to leave negative feedback he will leave negative feedback on me and ruin my 100% positive feedbacks..
Is it really that important to have 100% positive feedback? Is it really any different than 99% positive? What are you trying to compete in some ego trip contest for the most perfect feedback ever? It's no big deal.

alapimba

Registered Member
it's not something to do with ego but i guess people will look me with other eyes when they see the neg feedback... dunno..

You never check the feedback of the seller before bid?

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I check it, but it doesn't always matter to me. Usually when people sell mass amounts of items, chances are good they're going to have a good amount of negatives and neutrals and still have a 90%+ positive feedback rating. What matters is why the negatives happened, not that they happened.

Of course, sometimes I overestimate people and the negatives do matter. I recently bought a film camera from someone with a feedback score of 11, but there were like 2 or 3 negatives that were part of it. I didn't care because the person had what I wanted, but now that I got it, I realize that there's some problems with the item and now I'm requesting a return. If I don't get it, I may relist the item myself and try to get as much as I paid for. If that works, then he'll get a neutral from me. If that doesn't work though, he's getting another negative.

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, I would definitely buy from somebody with 99% positive feedback. Even 80% maybe if they had MANY recent positives. Sometimes the people with 90%+ feedback but not quite 100% just had a bad experience and got burned. They shouldn't be "done on eBay" beause of that. It's the ones who have 75% positive and only 4 transactions that really get effected by this though. They have one bad situation and it really makes them look bad. Once they get 10 or 20 more positives under their belt though, they will be sitting at close to 100% positive and nobody will second guess the 1 negative.