• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

eBay Treasure Hunt (revisited)

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Greetings all my fellow eBay addicts.

Where were you when this went down?

That was a fun waste of a few days trying to win that. That was back in the days when everything and anything was up for sale on eBay.

There were many great things happening in the world of eBay, The guy who sold his forehead, feed back extortion, Shipping rate inflation, Strange and Mystery auctions began, AF was created (that is where I met some of you for the first time at :cool:) and the poorly planned event eBay Treasure Hunt.

So do you remember this? Where were you? Did you go hunting? Did you go away disappointed?

I know I did!!! By time you figured out some of the cryptic clues it was too late. Boy were people pissed! Then there were the poor eBay sellers that didn't make a dime during those 7 days because of the Hunt.

It was a crazy 7 days I tell ya.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Greetings all my fellow eBay addicts.

Where were you when this went down?

That was a fun waste of a few days trying to win that. That was back in the days when everything and anything was up for sale on eBay.

There were many great things happening in the world of eBay, The guy who sold his forehead, feed back extortion, Shipping rate inflation, Strange and Mystery auctions began, AF was created (that is where I met some of you for the first time at :cool:) and the poorly planned event eBay Treasure Hunt.

So do you remember this? Where were you? Did you go hunting? Did you go away disappointed?

I know I did!!! By time you figured out some of the cryptic clues it was too late. Boy were people pissed! Then there were the poor eBay sellers that didn't make a dime during those 7 days because of the Hunt.

It was a crazy 7 days I tell ya.
I won that contest! Seriously, I was one of the $2000 winners! I won under my wife's account.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
No way!!!!! What did you find? I was on there for 7 days and I didn't find shit till it was too late.
I came so close....So close but no dice..Walked away with a hunch and a headache from looking for stuff and reading the Board trying to figure out those cryptic as hell clues.

What clue did you solve or did you find it after the clues answer was posted?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
No way!!!!! What did you find? I was on there for 7 days and I didn't find shit till it was too late.
I came so close....So close but no dice..Walked away with a hunch and a headache from looking for stuff and reading the Board trying to figure out those cryptic as hell clues.

What clue did you solve or did you find it after the clues answer was posted?
It was on President's day. The clue was peace through strength and the item was a Ray Gun. Remember Ron Ray Gun on the Batman tv series? It was on the $2000 day!!

This is a post I made on the ebay forum for winners:
----------------------------------------------------------------
threegirlsmommythreegirlsmommy (104 (104
) View Listings | Report Feb-23-05 22:29 PST 2 of 108 I had the easy one - "Peace through Strenght"
ok, that's Ronald Reagan. I thought about jelly beans and searched that for a few seconds and then thought about an old episode of Batman where the bad guy was Ronald Ray Gun. Plus, I've heard alot of anti-Reagan people call him that, guess they think its a put down, whatever. I'm richer!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Nice!

You are the first winner I have met. I remember that one too..People were pissed that they didn't get that one.

Then there were the idiots who would bid on things that they thought were the correct item.

Remember this?

Help!! I think I just bought something! Threads.

i was one of the poor store owners that didn't make crap on that week. Had fun playing but never won.

It was fun watching all the eBay rookies stumble across stuff. The good old days.

Congrats on the win!

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Nice!

You are the first winner I have met. I remember that one too..People were pissed that they didn't get that one.

Then there were the idiots who would bid on things that they thought were the correct item.

Remember this?

Help!! I think I just bought something! Threads.

i was one of the poor store owners that didn't make crap on that week. Had fun playing but never won.

It was fun watching all the eBay rookies stumble across stuff. The good old days.

Congrats on the win!
I forgot about that! People buying stuff because they thought they had won! :lol: :lol:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Wwow, we have a winner here! Goes to show those prizes are for real and not just a marketing ploy.

I wonder if they do the same thing with ebay.Fr

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
As far as I know it was their first and last one. There were way too many problems with the first one and it disrupted the sales of eBay store owners so I doubt that they will ever do another treasure hunt.

I wouldn't mind seeing another one, But I doubt it will ever happen again.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
In the last few years, its been instant win contest.
The treasure hunt was awesome, but yeah, I think it was a lot of headache for ebay.

I was looking at that ebay forum and came across this post I made:
(yes, I realize the significance of the remark below)

--------------------------------------------
threegirlsmommythreegirlsmommy (104 (104
) View Listings | Report Jan-19-05 22:19 PST 13 of 37 Hey guys, here's an idea. Let's raise $10,000 and win the "ADVERTISE YOUR WEBSITE OR LOGO ON MY FOREHEAD" auction and put a tattoo on the guys head protesting the eBay fee increases! What do you think? There is one day left to do it? (Dang, should have thought of it sooner!) ---------------------------------------------------

:lol::lol: :lol::lol: