• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

ebay shop

ninikins

Registered Member
is setting up and ebay shop worth the monthly fees? It just seems to me that Ebay will do anything to make some extra money off their sellers.

kknight0506

Registered Member
i am not sure about this thats why even i am waiting before some one answers this question because i am also planning to have a shop on ebay but will it be worth it? thats what i waiting to know

Plumley

Registered Member
As a buyer, I tend to avoid the shops because I can usually do better with another seller who is using the auction format. It will be interesting to hear from sellers with shops, because I'm wondering if being associated with eBay is an asset for non-auction items.

mynameisCat

Registered Member
I think it depends on what you have in the shops and what else you have on auction. As a buyer, I often go to the shops and look to see whether there's a huge difference between what they auction and what they sell. I have bought from shops when it's just as much a deal as what they auction.

hemisync

Registered Member
I agree it does depend on the shop too. I know that sometimes if i can find the price is cheaper and the owner combines shipping it can be cheaper than waiting for an auction to end etc

kknight0506

Registered Member
i opened up a store on ebay some time back but as my sales are not getting to that level as was expected so i would say its not worth it. if your sales are quite high , then i will say that you should definitly go for it, but if sales are less, i fear you will repent it later

mamab

Registered Member
It does seem that some shops have really great deals. However, I usually just look at the auctions unless something I'm interested in says, "Hey, check out my shop" or something like that. Generally, I will check out the other items a person has, and sometimes that includes their shops.

wondering

I mean, there are so many shops that you've got to wonder how anyone would ever find yours. I don't think it's worth it. It also traps you, because you have to be ready to ship anytime.

mynameisCat

Registered Member
Also, I've found that my reaction when finding that stuff in the shop is more expensive than the auction is, well, I'll just try and win this at auction, then. :)

mamab

Registered Member
I know that ebay has a search for the shops, but I sometimes think it's more trouble than it's worth. I really don't search shops that often, I like the auctions. :)