eBay Rules ?!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by iggyshotthebear, Jul 24, 2005.

1. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

Ok Ladies n Gents,
    Obviously we have all seen everyone's auctions getting pulled recently. Why? Well, technically we were breaking eBay's rules. While others may have posted a similiar auction and 'gotten away with it', ours were pulled. We know why... People have to turn you in unless someone from eBay just so happens to browse the Jewelry:Rings:Cubic Zirconia & Moissanite category and notices a huge infraction.
    Right now, we all need to be nitpicky of our OWN auctions and abide by all the rules so no one can find a reason to turn us in! Be careful! Even the slightest rule being broken, and someone can report you to eBay and most likely, they'll pull your auction in their attempt to please the other person and keep eBayer's abiding by the rules.
    It's so simple though, we all know what these auctions are being pulled for. And we are fairly sure of who is reporting us. BUT we can fix it, don't give eBay a reason to pull your auction. Don't give the 'others' ANY reason to report it.

Don't post item numbers in your questions area.

Don't keyword spam (even by using 'this is NOT a real diamond', use THIS is a dazzling cubic Zirconia instead)

Don't use anyone elses .com's in your ad.

Don't shill bid.

Be sure your title describes the item that you are auctioning.

When in doubt, ask a friend to proof your auction before you hit submit.
    (paste them the preview auction link)

There are TONS of other rules too, I know its a pain in the booty right now but the only way we are going to get these 'others' to stop reporting us is to not give them a reason to report us.

Good luck with all of your auctions. Crazy, Wild, Insane, and 'Normal' (heheh whats normal?). You'll all still be on my watch list :)

-Iggy

2. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

Makes sense but do you think that maybe someone who lurks here may be the one turning them in? It seems like a lot of the auctions being pulled are from members here.

3. iggyshotthebear

Who is turning us in only matters for retaliation reasons. Which causes an even bigger problem. Point really is, we are being turned in for these 'minor' infractions. We can guess all day long who it is, but in the end do we have proof? Not really. Did we really break an eBay rule? Maybe.

We seem to be getting some innaccurrate answers even from livechat. They are differing ... livechat vs. ebay rules on their help site vs. ebay on the phone.

We just need to be very careful.

4. lilys_things

lilys_things Registered Member

I went to Live Chat a month ago and they said putting the item number in the description was ok. But if a seller had their user name it in, I could not do this. That, I could not directly or indirectly mention their name. But they did say I could post the item number. I have this saved also..
    But the night Brians got pulled I went and asked them this..
    This was thier reply..

eBay if your watching this?? I still love ya ,but you need to have a meeting yourself on these rules with your staff.

I changed the "Live Chat helpers Name" to protect her...

Here's the transcript of your conversation

Your chat session started.

[email protected]: Hi there , if someone send this through Q&A's can I post it in my auction?

[email protected]: Q: Hi there..great auction..were watching..would you mind watching mine too? #5599238346 Thanks and good luck!

Bre B.: Hello and welcome to eBay Live Chat. My name is Brenda. I sincerely apologize for the delay and I appreciate your patience. Thank you for typing out your message in advance. One moment please while I review your concerns

[email protected]: Thanks Bre

Bre B.: Thank you for waiting, I understand your concern regarding this, I don't see anything wrong with posting this question on your listing, I have seen several items listed on the site with questions such as this posted, actually quite a few of the most watched items on the eBay pulse have questions such as this listed on them.

[email protected]: Yes that is true. I want to FILE a BIG COMPLAINT
    Bre B.: Okay, what is your complaint against please?

[email protected]: My friend _______, they keep pullling his auctions. FOR NOTHING.
    [email protected]: They just pulled him for this

[email protected]: We would like to take this opportunity to let you know what part of your listing is not permitted. Your listing(s) contains the following information: Q: Hi there..great auction..were watching..would you mind watching mine too? #5599238346 Thanks and good luck! A: Sure will. Thank you.

[email protected]: they pulled him for this? They pulled his last auction? He is being targeted. This is getting sad

Bre B.: Thank you for clarifying, I apologize for the situation, however as this is General Support chat, we cannot verify why the listings have been removed, we do not have the specific training for that, also we cannot discuss another members account with another member

[email protected]: I'll send him here

[email protected]: thanks

Bre B.: However I can provide you with information on how to contact our Trust and Safety department, if your friend would like to contact them directly to find out more about why his listings were removed and if it is due to that question

[email protected]: that will be all

[email protected]: Please do ..

Bre B.: Okay, would you like information on how to contact Trust and Safety?

[email protected]: Yes

Bre B.: Okay, one moment please

[email protected]: ty

Bre B.: Thank you for waiting, please advise your friend to use the information below to contact our Trust and Safety department:

Bre B.: http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_...+(for+sellers+only)&continueButton=Continue+>

[email protected]: thank you

Last edited: Jul 24, 2005
  5. nani1987

nani1987 Registered Member

ok i forgot how to add the watch my auction on here...........i can't find it............urgh and anyone help

and i agree ebay is pulling auction from here .............mine got pulled but i relisted it so for my peace of mind I am not listing it here.............
    nani

6. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

Maybe Nani is right and we shouldn't post our auctions here for awhile and see if that helps. If someone is lurking than they won't have quick access to our auctions, at least until they appear on the Pulse.

7. iggyshotthebear

Whomever is reporting us, I can assure you they already have our names.

8. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

sure, lets not post any auctions here, and just close the site... as thats what this place is for, the posting of your auctions...

Really, if you dont want your auctions pulled by ebay, FOLLOW THE RULES ebay has set forth... just because one person has gotten around the rules doesnt mean everyone will...

Comeon people... if you follow ebays rules, you auction wont get pulled unless you are breaking one or more of them.... EVEN IF THEY ARE REPORTED!!

Overall, I agree with ebay most of the time a auction is pulled... once in a blue moon I dont... ebay has a set of rules, just like we do here, and if followed correctly, you are UNTOUCHABLE...

9. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

I agree 100% Well said Tater

10. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

Well I think it is safe to say that we do not always know all the rules even if we read them......and although it would be great if everyone follow them..... there is just NOT ONE perfect person....and I will still have sympothy for the members, my friends, that do get their auctions pulled....It is always a good thing to comfort and support our own people!

I don't believe WE TRY to break these policies as it is clear that some do feel that we do....

Mistakes happen and still there are mean people that feed on them....again it is nice to hear we have great auctions....does that ever get reported to ebay??? Cuz it sure aint the Pulse anymore!

It would be nice to have a place where we are allowed to make mistakes without someone picking us apart...that will not happen as there are people that feed on making others unhappy because they are so unhappy themselves.....

I just can't believe that people turn others in for small things as to PROTECT EBAY....it is a jealously act and nothing more.....

so I don't agree 100%