eBay rocket launches it's own foot

leopard22

Registered Member
Ouch is right. That's like a 20% increase in some and like 5 times as much in others ... somethin' ain't right here.

eBay seems to be making some bad moves considering it's already made a bunch of people mad that it won't accept Google payments. These higher rates for listings are not going to help the situation. They must think we're made of money, even while tons of items go unsold or for a pittance. Ah, for the good old days on eBay where almost anything would sell for a good price. I must be getting old :cool:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm wondering why they would do something like this. I have a feeling it has something to do with all of the other auction sites that are gaining in popularity, but last time I checked, lowering fees was the way to get more customers, not raising fees.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
They probably figure that they have enough people who will stay with eBay and pay the fees that it will be worth it. The only way the eBay is going to lower its fees is if people start going to other sites enmass. Then eBay will be forced to lower its rates to compete. Until then don't expect them to lower rates anytime soon.

Nanner

Registered Member
What sites to go to? I'm mostly a buyer (except a few times a year). When I've checked other auction sites they just don't have the "stuff". Mostly I buy new kids clothing. It's been a long time since I checked around. Any other auction sites that have gained in popularity?

Penguin

Registered Member
ThisLittlePiggyStaysHome.com is the newest alternative to eBay. They are growing in popularity since they allow sales of teacher's edition homeschool books, which eBay no longer does.

mamab

Registered Member
I guess we can figure that they've gotten the big head and forgotten that it was us "little people" that made them the huge success that they are!

Plumley

Registered Member
When I've checked other auction sites they just don't have the "stuff".
For me, that's the problem. Other sites just don't have the wide variety of items eBay does. Even odd items that I can't find in stores I can usually find on eBay. I'm annoyed by the price increase and the decrease in quality overall but I'm having trouble finding anything else that's as good.