• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

eBay Pulse has gone to crap

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow.. has anybody looked at the eBay Pulse lately? Looks like everybody there is cheating to get on.

Too bad nobody cares about the pulse anymore due to this. The Pulse is pointless now.

Heck, I haven't seen a halfway decent auction on the Pulse for a long time now.

Either something needs to be done, or 2005 will be known as the year of the rise and fall of crazy auctions.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I have to agree with you on that.!!! well Andrwe looks like you are gonna have to come up with a new big thing..
I honestly don't understand why eBay hasn't booted the cheaters off..
I mean they know abought the cheating software so why don't they do something abought it.....Oh well.. It was fun while it lasted.
:)

TGirl

Registered Member
The thing is it is not even software...anyone can do it...and we have been talking about this for awhile now.....I agree....seems it is pointless!!!! I said not to long ago that I made it to tenth in the main pulse with only 460ish watchers in june?? and now you have to have over 6000 just to get on the pulse at all..... uggggggggggg

Ebay has been notified more than once and they have not booted anyone as of yet that I know of....all they have to see is that the watchers go up faster than the counter clicks..........uggggggggg

I, Myself have talked to Live help and they don't seem to think anyone is cheeting....I showed them a guy with 600 or so clicks, but he claimed to have over 2000 watchers and LIVE Help still did not see it!!!

Infact now if you notice on the pulse....hardly any of those top ten say how many watchers they have anymore, because it will only go to show they are for sure cheating!

What a drag now!

trees

Registered Member
Well its bad to say "nothing up there worth a crap" :lol: , since mine finally made it, but thats ok..... I have seen stuff to sell real high, by so called "famous" people who have been on T.V. and all, and I dodnt think that was worth a crap either, they just had the resources to make it big. I dont know that much about the pulse except I thought from how people talked in here that it was a big thing. Now I have made the pulse with 60 watchers and did it on my own, with help from ebayers watching mine. And I realize it really doesnt mean crap. :lol:

OH and two of the most watched items are pulse related!

Last edited:

wolvergambit

Registered Member
What's funny is all the ads people were running informing everyone how people were cheating in the hopes of exposing the method has just made things worse.

Now thousands of people appear to be cheating and absolute garbage is on the main page.

TGirl

Registered Member
How fast can you click?

Julie

Registered Member
trees said:
Well its bad to say "nothing up there worth a crap" :lol: , since mine finally made it, but thats ok..... I have seen stuff to sell real high, by so called "famous" people who have been on T.V. and all, and I dodnt think that was worth a crap either, they just had the resources to make it big. I dont know that much about the pulse except I thought from how people talked in here that it was a big thing. Now I have made the pulse with 60 watchers and did it on my own, with help from ebayers watching mine. And I realize it really doesnt mean crap. :lol:

OH and two of the most watched items are pulse related!
Wendy - I think Andrew was referring to the ones on the Main Pulse...not your auction.

All the ones on the main pulse have cheated with watchers to get there. They are all cheating & manipulating their watch count. It is sad...it's been going on for awhile now.

Just makes me even more glad I just sell my everyday stuff under normal categories. I don't have to worry about if I get on the pulse or not, cuz the stuff I sell is not pulse material. But, hopefully someday soon ebay will WAKE UP & do something about it.

trees

Registered Member
Oh, ok.......Thanks, I wasnt sure! Muhahahaha