• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

eBay is buying Skype

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050912/skype_ebay.html?.v=24

eBay is buying Skype, (www.skype.com) an online voice calling service similar to instant messenger, but with phone features.

Personally I see this as an unfortunate purcahse, because skype no longer will be a standalone, and if it is, it's going to push eBay every chance it gets.

Oh well, it will encourace competition. Google is working on a similar program. It will be good to see that come into play in the near future. :)

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Yeah, I saw that. I think that it will be good and it will be bad. It will be good for those who buy and sell on eBay to be able to communicate better and it will be bad because it is something else to help cause confusion for those who are not familiar with eBay and computers.