• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

eBay Hit Dropping

karenlyn

Registered Member
Good point. Anybody who's plannin on doing their Christmas shopping online will need to get started soon, and those numbers will probably be a-risin'.

SouthernGal

Registered Member
I *definitely* agree. Most of my friends/family are starting to look online for Christmas purchases. Plus, many mothers I know are starting to scour Ebay for fall/winter clothes for their children.

So, I am thinking the numbers will be (hopefully) rising back up soon!

Melos

Registered Member
I do agree that they will probably go up around the holidays. However, a lot of sellers - big time ones even - are leaving ebay for places with less fees, or just setting up their own websites. They are bringing the customers with them.

mynameisCat

Registered Member
Wouldn't it kind of be good for eBay's numbers to drop? I mean, in a way? Because one, they might become less complacent and start thinking about the satisfaction of their sellers and buyers; and two, I think eBay's actually gotten a bit too big...too much competition for buyers!

Plumley

Registered Member
Today, eBay is one of the top five sites in the US, just below Yahoo, Google, MySpace and MSN, so I doubt they're worrying too much. My guess is we won't see and improvement in service until they see a decline in profit.

Alexa Web Search - Top 500

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
That is very true. Usually nothing really good gets done until the pocketbook starts to shrink, then they start to listen to their customers. As long as their pockets are full of cash, they won't do much unless they think it will make their pockets explode with cash.

mamab

Registered Member
I know I've been hearing about new auction sites popping up all over the place, trying to capture the disgruntled souls that ebay has left in the dust. If they don't watch it, it will begin to affect their bottomline.

Plumley

Registered Member
I would love it if there were some real competition for eBay. Does anyone think that's possible? I remember when there were loads of auction sites, including some big ones. But as eBay grew the competition shrank.