• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

eBay Hacked

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
eBay Inc has in the last few hours have confirmed in an announcement that they have been compromised and that users will need to take action to protect themselves.

eBay Hacked, Bleeds Data And Why You Need To Act - Forbes
I just want to warn you guys that they have been hacked. Hackers have stolen all kinds of information on people like name, date of birth, passwords, postal addresses, phone numbers.

I wish these people that do this would get a life and leave people alone.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I agree with you, Hi. I wish they would stop pulling crap like this too. Fortunately I don't have an eBay account, but this could happen anywhere online these days I'm afraid. Gah.

dDave

V.I.P.
Ugh. I'm going to have to change passwords tomorrow. Really annoying. I have this whole passwording system worked out and this kind of screws with it.

I have to think of a new password that I will remember.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I feel for you Dave, wish these people would just hack each other and leave the rest of us alone.

I would hate it knowing someone out there had all of my information.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Looks like all my payment info is safe since I didn't have Paypal linked up to it; no harm done, really.