Ebay Ended My Auctions

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Apparently due to several different things:

1.) Charity Your listing(s) contained the following information:

Description: You are purchasing sports cards, every dollar earned will go toward paying off the $15,000 debt I was left with.

Because it is in violation of the above guidelines, your listing has been ended early. All associated fees have been credited to your account.

2.) Chioce Your listing contains the following information:

Description: Please if you have a preference of baseball or football cards let me know when you pay.

In this listing, you are offering multiple items as a "choice," allowing bidders to choose from a selection of items.

3.) I'm not really understanding this one but....

This auction listing has already ended on its own. However, the listing was in violation of eBay's policies. We would like to take this opportunity to let you know what part of your listing is not allowed.

You violated eBay's User Agreement by adding irrelevant information to the listing.

The following text is inconsistent with our User Agreement:

Description: Murder
v. mur·dered, mur·der·ing, mur·ders
v. tr.
and it shows the whole listing and then says
This is a violation of Section 5.1, which states that, "Your listings may only include text descriptions, graphics, pictures and other content relevant to the sale of that item."

This notice is based solely upon review of the aforementioned listing(s). We encourage you to review all of your listings to ensure full compliance to our guidelines. If found to be in violation of one or more of our guidelines, your current listings will be subject to further disciplinary action, including the cancelation of your listings.

If anyone has any ideas of how I can redo this and get it back up I would VERY much appreciate it. I was doing really well with these listings and getting money deposited into my savings account, it was looking promising!! Now I dont know what to do!!!

Thanks,
Jennifer

wolvergambit

Registered Member
I know you have to be very careful with wording and not mention what the money will be used for as in paying off debt, or they will consider it a charity.

Also, you can't use "OR" as in offering a choice.
Maybe you can word it " I have baseball and ...... available".

Someone must have complained, it stayed up without any problems for over 3 weeks. There are plenty of auctions out there with stories that have nothing to do with whats being sold. I only put the definition in for impact, so taking it out is no big deal. Like Wolver said just don't give them a choice. Are they refunding your listing fee's?

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Yes they refunded my listing fees. So I am wondering when did this happen?

"Your listings may only include text descriptions, graphics, pictures and other content relevant to the sale of that item."

So I can not talk about the murder, nor put the pictures I had on there since they were not of cards.

For some reason I am thinking the person who sent me that last question that I reponded back to that looked at what I had been bidding on did it. Dont know why I feel that way, I just do.

I dont really know if relisting it without all this stuff will do as good as all the others. Maybe I should just consider myself lucky it lasted as long as it did and be thankful for what I have made so far?

Ebay is really beginning to suck, they were making mega bucks off me on these listings anyway!!

Maybe I should try relisting it, and tell that my auction was doing good, but got reported and then pulled, and so I am back selling the cards....but can't tell why, but if you would like to read why refer to my about me page and then post my auction add in there?

Last edited:

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
this charity thing I just don't get. What do they care if you use your $$ to pay off your debt or not? Like we're all required to keep our winnings in a jar in our back yard or something?

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't someone belly aching over on the baseball card board. On that note also, I wouldn't give much creedence to some guy's opinion that plays with baseball cards all day long. *grow up folks*

Nanner

Registered Member
Msbabedoll said:
Yes they refunded my listing fees. So I am wondering when did this happen?

"Your listings may only include text descriptions, graphics, pictures and other content relevant to the sale of that item."

So I can not talk about the murder, nor put the pictures I had on there since they were not of cards.

For some reason I am thinking the person who sent me that last question that I reponded back to that looked at what I had been bidding on did it. Dont know why I feel that way, I just do.

I dont really know if relisting it without all this stuff will do as good as all the others. Maybe I should just consider myself lucky it lasted as long as it did and be thankful for what I have made so far?

Ebay is really beginning to suck, they were making mega bucks off me on these listings anyway!!

Maybe I should try relisting it, and tell that my auction was doing good, but got reported and then pulled, and so I am back selling the cards....but can't tell why, but if you would like to read why refer to my about me page and then post my auction add in there?

When reading the first post that was my first thought. The person who wrote you turned in your auction. I would assume it was the first one? That's why they said it had already ended? Sorry :( Some people are such jerks!

Maybe you COULD relist it as a generic auction and just direct people to your "about me" page? Is that allowed? Smart eBay people? Would that work? (and maybe I shoud read the whole post I'm replying to first cuz you already asked that :D)

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Well I think I am going to try to relist and just not put the pics or info on there but refer them to my about me page and see if it makes any money. AND NOT answer any rude emails.........maybe that will help.........

Nanner said:
When reading the first post that was my first thought. The person who wrote you turned in your auction. I would assume it was the first one? That's why they said it had already ended? Sorry :( Some people are such jerks!

Maybe you COULD relist it as a generic auction and just direct people to your "about me" page? Is that allowed? Smart eBay people? Would that work? (and maybe I shoud read the whole post I'm replying to first cuz you already asked that :D)

LOL, thats ok nanner we all do that! Its just so depressing because your all siked up because its doing good and your transfering money into your savings account and its finally beginning to accumulate into something you MIGHT be able to pay a bill off with and then this..........

One good thing came out of it, I made 42 bucks off it before they pulled it and then didnt' have to pay the listing fees! :) I just transfered that into my saving account.

I'm added some other things the next couple days too like clothes and such so every little bit helps........hopfullly ebay wont cancell those! :) (being sarcastic now)

Last edited:

Nanner

Registered Member
Msbabedoll said:
Well I think I am going to try to relist and just not put the pics or info on there but refer them to my about me page and see if it makes any money. AND NOT answer any rude emails.........maybe that will help.........

LOL, thats ok nanner we all do that! Its just so depressing because your all siked up because its doing good and your transfering money into your savings account and its finally beginning to accumulate into something you MIGHT be able to pay a bill off with and then this..........

One good thing came out of it, I made 42 bucks off it before they pulled it and then didnt' have to pay the listing fees! :) I just transfered that into my saving account.

I'm added some other things the next couple days too like clothes and such so every little bit helps........hopfullly ebay wont cancell those! :) (being sarcastic now)
LOL just don't put any ghosts in your pants and you should be fine with those :lol:

Yes a very good thing....you made some money and got your fees back but a crappy thing because you could have made even more $$$

Let us know when it's back up so we can watch to see how it goes. Sorry they did this to you and probably just because some jerk just couldn't handle it.