Eating Out

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
My friends and I were at a buffet last night and we were talking, eating having a great time. We were not loud or anything just talking in our indoor voice. The guy over in the next table had a companion and told his companion that he was trying to have a nice quiet dinner and people (us) are talking stupid s*** and his comment was aimed towards us. My friends and I heard what he said but we didn't want to say anything to him cause we didn't want to cause any trouble. If he wanted a nice quiet dinner, he should of stayed at home because after all, the restaurant is a public place. Did he think that he and his companion were going to be the only people in the restaurant?

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I gotta start working out if I ever want to say something back.

One time at a buffet, I was about to get some salad. They had it separated into bowls of salad and dressing, and just as I was walking towards the bar, I saw a woman take the ladle up and taste the dressing.

I looked at her. She looked at me. Her facial expression didn't change at all, and she sipped the dressing a little bit and put the ladle down.

I didn't have the salad.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
A little off topic but I was at a movie theater watching "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" with a friend many years ago. Well, my friend decides to start making cracks at the movie during slow parts. This guy in front of us turns around and says "Excuse me, some of us are actually trying to listen."

To which I responded with. "Do you actually understand the movie?"

For those of you who don't know, this movie has subtitles and is in Chinese. We weren't even talking that loud and this guy just cracked me up. He never did answer the question. :)

As for those people at the restaurant... come on. He's complaining that he can hear other people? What restaurant can you go to where you CAN'T hear other people? You ever heard him say that so you guys should have said the same thing right back at him. :D

And Oxy.... omg. I'd have called her out on the spot.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
OK I'm guilty of a dirty mind too :D

I don't know what he was thinking, it's not like you were at Del Monicos or Ruth Chris or some fancy high dollar place like that.

If it were me and my friends we would have turned to him and told him to quit ease dropping and pass the ketchup. :D

Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Surfer that reminds me of another restaurant experience of mine.. A guy I was with shouts over to another table and asks them if they are done with their syrup.... They said yes, and he follows up with "Can I have it?"

They say yes and he ends up walking over there and taking their syrup.

It was an odd moment. They thought he was an idiot and I'm pretty sure everybody at the table got thrown into the "idiot" category because of him. ;)

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
You know me Hybrix, I love to mess with people on a daily basis.
So if an opportunity comes along I don't pass it up.

besides most of the general public won't know what to do or say if you mess with them like that in a restaurant..

Messing with ease-dropping putzes is a must! You have to do it..Atleast in my world you do..:D

RTWmaniac

Registered Member
What kind of restaurant was it? I can understand in certain places, if there was a group of people "having a good time," it could be out of place. But if it was any kind of a casual restaurant, then he was out of place.