• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Eating Out of Boredom?

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Do you do it?

I have a horrible habit of doing it. I also eat just to get the taste of it. Whenever I'm bored or home for too long, I end up snacking. Its such an unhealthy habit for me.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Chocies? Is that another way to say chocolate? Please forgive me for asking.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
You are correct :)

Typing short because I am tired lol, had about 3 hours sleep in the past 2 days.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I have to admit that I do it aswell. Not so much though. Usually when I'm trying to revise or something like that. Anything to put off work.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Yeah I do that a lot. I tend to make a sandwich or something though rather than eating sweet stuff. But just whatever we've got really. Boredom aaalways tricks me into thinking I'm hungry when I'm really not! :sneaky:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I always have to have a snack while I'm watching TV. I get bored if I'm just sitting there staring at the TV. That's pretty much the only time I ever eat out of boredom though.

Nibbles

meep
While my computer would be booting I'd have tea and a snack. Then act surprised when the plate's empty.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I hardly eat when I want to let alone when I'm bored.

Very very rarly will I eat just to burn some time, if I do it'll just be a sandwich or some crisps, never anything substantial.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Thats a big contributor to why everyone is so overweight! I actually try my butt off to avoid eating for reasons other than real hunger. I do however drink bottles of water when I get bored. Its a win win 'cause my bladder is horrible, I'll drink the whole thing and then in 15-20 minutes I'll be in the bathroom.

When I was younger I was alot more guilty of eating outta boredom. I can recall being about 10 or so when I was in that car wreck. Because I got a week off of school for it I eventually got bored with the things around the house and I can vivdly remember eating a whole loaf of White Wonder Bread and a cube of Producers Butter in one sitting. It was in toast.... lol just in case you thought I was just eating straight butter :hah: But yeah, back then I had the metabolism to do that kinda thing. If I were to do that now... oh man, Id probly gain 20 pounds!