Eating and working out

Alyssa

Registered Member
Do you think it's better to eat before working out, so that you can have energy and work off whatever you just ate, or eat afterwards. Because after every time I work out I am pretty well starving. And I never eat right before.
So what do you think? And what are your eating habits when you work out?

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Yes, it's always good to fill your body with carbs before a good workout. It means you have more energy which means you can work out for longer.

I always have some pasta or fish before I have a hard work out. Then a light meal afterwards. Drinking plenty of water is also a must.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I normally don't eat an hour before or after working out.

I've heard different opinions on when it's the best time to eat for exercise. Of course, I think my method is the best.

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
I usually eat after I work out, rather than before. If I was going to eat first, I'd have to wait at least an hour or so for my tummy to settle before I'd be able to work out without feeling sick.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I started a Muslce Milk routine (amazing muscle building, fat burning stuff and it even tastes great). I have some before a workout, after a workout and before bed per the instructions on it.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I started a Muslce Milk routine (amazing muscle building, fat burning stuff and it even tastes great). I have some before a workout, after a workout and before bed per the instructions on it.
Does that stuff actually work?,I have seen stuff like that advertised but people have told me the only thing it will burn is a hole in my wallet.

I have something small to eat before working out,then a proper meal around an hour after,I found eating a full meal even an hour before a workout left me feeling sluggish.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I won't eat right before or right after. Either way, I'll get sick. I have a small meal a little while before, and afterward once I'm rest I'll make myself something to eat.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
I recently joined a gym, and one of the "Top Tips" it gives is to not worry about eating afterwards, as your body will still be burning fat up to two hours after you excercise. I generally eat at around dinner/lunchtime then go to the gym in the afternoon, then have something when I get back, usually between 7.30 and 9.00.

Shaggy

Registered Member
its really good to eat as much as you can...before after..it doesnt matter as long as you eat healthy...

Eating before gives the body something to burn while you're working out and eating after gives the body something to use to rebuild the muscle...

Sometimes when i have a really big week at the gym i might eat 5 or 6 six meals a day...