• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Eat It Up!

Dabs

Registered Member
Imagine you were sitting down at a nice dinner, something a friend or aquaintance suggested you do.....they wanted to introduce you to something new in the food train.
So they place this meal in front of you, and it might look tasty, might look yucky, but you've agreed to try.
So you eat!
After you have finished....you may think it's great stuff...may think it's alright...may think it's horrible....but, what if you found out you had just eaten something terribly gross??
Something like octopus....bull testicles.....rattlesnake.....fried grub worms.....it might even have something in there you absolutely hate, but didn't notice it, but ate it anyway....for instance, maybe.....small pimentos??
What would your reaction be??
Would you be pissed off at someone having you eat something you never wanted to eat??
Or would you laugh it off and think...well it wasn't so bad?? ~LoL~

Bliss

Sally Twit
I wouldn't be annoyed but I would probably feel sick if it was a testicle. It's something I wouldn't ever try. Even if I loved it I wouldn't eat it again because knowing what it was would put me off.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
After you have finished....you may think it's great stuff...may think it's alright...may think it's horrible....but, what if you found out you had just eaten something terribly gross??

What would your reaction be??
Would you be pissed off at someone having you eat something you never wanted to eat??
Or would you laugh it off and think...well it wasn't so bad?? ~LoL~
No, I wouldn't be mad. I like the idea of being able to say I've tried unusual things and it's even better if I don't know what I'm eating, if it's something gross. I would probably just feel sick (mentally, not physically) for a while if it was really bad.

Dabs

Registered Member
You are better sports than I would be.
No matter how delicious the dish tasted....no matter how well it looked...if I was led to believe it was a luscious chicken and cheese casserole, and then after I had eaten it, be told it was squid or some other shit like that....I would be pissed!
I know some people like playing pranks on friends by doing such things as that, but that might cause me to call my friend a few choice words~

konboye

Registered Member
Some things are not supposed to be toyed with, my stomach is one of them. If it was some April fools prank I'd understand that, but for food, I'd be pissed. One could be allergic or superstitious, or something.

Impact

V.I.P.
Well, those things are only considered gross as a mental thing, aren't they. If it happened to be something gross, and you enjoyed it without knowing what it is, you've got past that mental thing of not eating something based purely on it being something your culture considers a gross food. And if you didn't like it, then you can put it down to experience and say you've tried some weird foods.

Saffy

Registered Member
hmmm..........well if i liked it i would probably be ok with it,, but if i hated it then i would be mad:lol: I rememb er once a freind of mines husband going mad with her as she didnt tell him he was eating garlic bread:lol: he ate nearly all of it and no one else got a look in,,, then she told him it was garlic bread and he went ballistic as he dont like garlic? :lol:he couldnt understand how funny that was:D

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I'd be grossed out to hell to be honest!

I don't think I'd get angry, but I'd be shocked. If I liked it then I guess they did something good in bringing something new into my food routine.
If I didn't like it then obviously I wouldn't be that happy to be honest, but I wouldnt get angry haha.