• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Easter

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I go to church. Nothing really special.

brieze

Registered Member
from wikipedia: The Council of Nicea in 325 established the date of Easter as the first Sunday after the full moon following the vernal equinox.

During that time the Romans were attempting to take over time, which means changing the calendar, that gave them control over Asia and all the lands and the Council. But they failed and we still go by ancient calendars for this holiday.

Also interesting to note is the new clock tower in Mecca that was errected this year 2010 to take over Greenwich Mean Time. hmmmm. That one slipped beneath the radar, eh?

Freaking Romans. Figures. =p

Nice bit of info to know though. I'll be throwing that out this Easter.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
What do you guys do for Easter?
Not much really. I have a family dinner, give my daughter a basket with some candy and trinkets, and so on. Easter isn't' a very important holiday to me at all.