• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Easter

brieze

Registered Member
I'm tired of Christmas. It's been everywhere since Thanksgiving.

What do you guys do for Easter? I usually treat it like any other day, but when I was a kid my whole family got together at my grandma's for an egg hunt and feast =] Thankfully we didn't have to dress up.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Eat chocolate and that's about it. It's not something my family has ever celebrated.

MiloIsYum

Registered Member
Do you know why the date of Easter varies?
I think it has something to do with the full moon ... although no really 100% on that.

Depends what day it is on though, sometimes I've celebrated my birthday on that day. Majority, just like any other day really.

Dabs

Registered Member
Easter isn't anything special to me either.
I don't do anything any different, am very pleased it falls on a Sunday every year, no holiday issue to deal with.
I don't care for chocolate, so no need to worry about adding on the pounds eating chocolate bunnies!
I don't have to make a large special dinner...I don't have to attend church...I can do nothing, just the way like it :)
But I do however, make and fill little baskets for all my grandbabies.
------
Do you know why the date of Easter varies?

I'm not sure....but I do know, some years my Mother's birthday and my birthday, have fallen on Easter Sunday.

Last edited:

Dekzper

Registered Member
Some ancient goddess (Eostre) saved a frozen bird by turning it into a rabbit then she left on a rainbow. So the rabbit wasn't totally changed and could still lay eggs and painted them to celebrate her!? :lol: ROTFL!
Well, we dont celebrate birds turning into rabbits and laying eggs. But we do paint eggs cause it's fun and we always have deviled eggs too. :nod: But we def dont dress or do anything special.

Dabs

Registered Member
Some ancient goddess (Eostre) saved a frozen bird by turning it into a rabbit then she left on a rainbow. So the rabbit wasn't totally changed and could still lay eggs and painted them to celebrate her!? :lol: ROTFL!
Well, we dont celebrate birds turning into rabbits and laying eggs. But we do paint eggs cause it's fun and we always have deviled eggs too. :nod: But we def dont dress or do anything special.

That was interesting ~LoL~
Anyone else ever notice how much boiled eggs stink??!!!?
Oh geezz.....sickening stench :-/

JaneSmith

Registered Member
from wikipedia: The Council of Nicea in 325 established the date of Easter as the first Sunday after the full moon following the vernal equinox.

During that time the Romans were attempting to take over time, which means changing the calendar, that gave them control over Asia and all the lands and the Council. But they failed and we still go by ancient calendars for this holiday.

Also interesting to note is the new clock tower in Mecca that was errected this year 2010 to take over Greenwich Mean Time. hmmmm. That one slipped beneath the radar, eh?

Dekzper

Registered Member
That was interesting ~LoL~
Anyone else ever notice how much boiled eggs stink??!!!?
Oh geezz.....sickening stench :-/
ROFL! :lol: That's prolly why there's so much mustard and pepper on the eggs, to try and kill the stink! :lol:

JaneSmith: Thanx for the info. :)