• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stupid Easter Eggs on sale already!

Bliss

Sally Twit
It's January and Easter Eggs and other Easter chocolate is on sale already here! I can't believe it.
I mean I do love Cadbury's Mini Eggs and I wish they were sold all year round but this is just crazy.

Is Easter chocolate being sold where you live as well? Do you ever buy Easter Eggs this early?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't seen any yet but I don't doubt for a second they are being sold already.

I wouldn't buy any this early but I love the Cadbury Cream Eggs.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'll have to check my local Walgreen's (a pharmacy store in the U.S.) but like Millz I wouldn't be surprised if stuff was out already. Which to me is ridiculous and sad, makes that whole "Holidays are all consumer" point of view more and more valid every year.

I do love Cadbury eggs though, and my Dad is a big fan of the Peeps. May have to go check. :lol:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I haven't seen any easter eggs on sale yet, but I haven't been in any big supermarkets. All other shops I've gone to have had all the other usual easter chocolate on sale though.

I like it because I'm in love with mini eggs and malteaser bunnies :D It is way early but at least it's not like christmas when the decorations go up and christmas music comes on and you get sick of it before December even begins. Don't think I'd get sick of eggs and bunnies being out in the shops!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I haven't personally seen any yet but I know they always come out really early. It doesn't bother me. People love to complain when easter and Christmas things hit the stores early, but some people like to get a head start on things. Also, it's just chocolate, I wouldn't mind if Easter eggs and bunnies were out all year round.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nothing in this area yet, they're concentrating on Valentine's Day first then they'll probably move on to Easter.

One thing you have to remember is that it's all about selling stuff. A lot of people would be the chocolate today to get it out of the way and not have to do it last minute.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few stores in my area started putting it on their shelves.

Danno

Registered Member
Yeah I've noticed that they are on sale at my local stores. Why would you want to keep chocolate for your kids now and keep the eggs stored away for another 3 months?

Would you buy them an ordinary bar of chocolate from the shop and give that 3 months before you surprised him/her with it? It's ridiculous.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
They're left over from Christmas chocolates that they couldn't package for Valentine's day. :lol:

They're selling Easter stuff already too in here.

Falconer

Registered Member
Yup, I've seen Easter chocolates around here. No fulll-on chocolate eggs, but plenty of Mini Eggs and Malteser bunnies. It's... it's January, people. Seriously. I get that it's all about consumerism, but really? January? Not even the most annoying shops (at least around here) get that seasonal about Christmas in September, which is about the same timescale...

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Bliss, Cadbury Mini Eggs and Creme Eggs are sold all year round here in Vancouver. Anyways, in response to the OP, I don't really care if the timing is right or not - if I want an Cadbury Creme Egg, I'm gonna buy a Cadbury Creme Egg - regardless of whether it's April or November.