• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Easter egg hunt descends into chaos

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Daily Mail said:
Chaos erupted at an Easter egg hunt in Sacramento when adults launched in trying to grab sweets for their children.
Attempt to break the Easter egg hunt world record descends into chaos: Ugly scenes as adults 'push and trample crying toddlers'

This is crazy, some or many of the adults, if you can call them that, were running over little kids trying to get eggs. What a shameful way to act. What if a child had been seriously injured or killed.

The money they were trying to raise is going for a good cause, to help survivors of human trafficking. Next time I think they should find a better way to raise money.

Thoughts?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
ALL RIGHT! Anyone post this to YouTube! What's the link? Any casualties? Any blood? Bodies in the streets?

Priorities are important, and what could be more important than CANDY!

- Cham

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
A cool way to celebrate Easter... NOT! Kids should never be put at risk and not even for a charity. Those "adults" and "older" kids were obviously immature dicks and bullies. So I wonder how many kids have a negative view of Easter now.

Anyway they probaly coulda raised more money for charity with a concert. Toby Keith had a concert in Moore OK to raise money for tornado victims and zero kids were put at risk.

Btw this is a Youtube link:

[vid]

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know why I'm surprised by this. Look what goes on in some children's sporting events. Adults ruining things for kids when they should have just stayed out of it.

Stego

Registered Member
I don't think I'm being pessimistic--rather, realistic--when I say that there is a thin veil of humanity across the face of people in crowds. We have known about the phenomenon of mob mentality since the birth of civilization. Suggestions for events like these should be met with strong resistance if there isn't an amazingly well crafted plan for organization.

The fact that parents react this way during an EASTER EGG HUNT gives me little hope for what will happen if there ever is temporary collapse of government and order.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The fact that parents react this way during an EASTER EGG HUNT gives me little hope for what will happen if there ever is temporary collapse of government and order.
If that ever happens people will kill each other for what they have. We will return to our primitive past.

Knight_of_Albion

Registered Member
All the spirituality as gone from Easter nowadays, it's all about chocolate and days out ...

And this, an unedifying display of thoughtless greed.
Sad because it was for a good cause and the organisers had meant well.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
All the spirituality as gone from Easter nowadays, it's all about chocolate and days out ...

And this, an unedifying display of thoughtless greed.
Sad because it was for a good cause and the organisers had meant well.
Well yeah people forget what Easter is all about. It has 2 meanings.
1. The resurection.
2. Astara and the bird with frozen wings.

I probaly dont need to explain the 1st one but the 2nd one is more obscure - especially in this country.
Astara was an ancient Babylonian goddess of spring. She found a bird with frozen wings that was dying. To keep it alive she turned it into a rabbit but it could still lay eggs. Then she left on a rainbow. To honor Astara the rabbit layed eggs every spring and smeared them with the colors of the rainbow then left them for her to find.

It was that ancient story that started the 1st Easter egg hunts.

Btw Astara is also spelled Eostre and it sounds a lot like the word Easter.

Knight_of_Albion

Registered Member
I know what you mean. Every religion through the millennia has 'personalised' the spring equinox festival. But the timeless message remains constant throughout - the cycle of life ....

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have no idea how nobody on the planning committee of this event didn't see this coming. I would have objected to this from the get go. It had disaster written all over it.