East Or West?

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Which conference will take home the cup this season?

With the level of play in both conferences in the past few years its hard to argue against either of the conferences. The east has taken the last few recent ones (excluding last season) but before that the west had a good few as well so I think history factor will be ruled out.

Personally I believe that the west with some of the moves they made over the off season are a contender but with teams like the Flyers and the Rangers out in the east making even bigger moves I think the east will take it however I think with that being said no matter who is in the finals its going to be close.

My playoff top 8s right now (No order):

East:
1.Ottawa
2.Toronto
3.New York Rangers
4.Philadelphia
5.Atlanta
6.Florida
7.New Jersey
8.Pittsburgh

West:
1.Detroit
2.Dallas
3.Anaheim
4.San Jose
5.Colorado
6.Calgary
7.Vancouver
8.Minnesota

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
East in No Order

1)Penguins
2)Senators
3)Candiens
4)Devils
5)Leafs
6)Rangers
7)Philly
8)Sabers

West in no Order

1)Ducks
2)Red Wings
3)Canucks
4)Flames
5)Sharks
6)Avlanche
7)Stars
8)Wild

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Personally I think were going to see a major drop in the play of the Sabres over the following years because teams like Florida and Atlanta are finally reaching their potential and they have more potient offences to go against the defensive minded Sabres.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree that teams like the Thrashers and Panthers will play good next season, but I believe the Sabers are still a strong team, they have a great goalie in Miller, and they have good goal scorers in Vanek, Afinogenov and Stafford. So I believe that they'll still be one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.

F

Forbidden v2

I am hoping that the East will take it this year, probably someone from the Atlantic division. Philly, NYR, and Pittsburgh are all going to be solid this year, and the Devils always seem to be up there in the Stanley Cup Race. If anyone wins in the West, it will probably come from the Pacific division, someone like Anaheim or San Jose.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
The Atlantic will be a huge division this year and really the only team I can't see making the playoffs from that division is the Isles. The Devils are always good it seems , The Flyers should be back to normal this year , The Rangers are seemingly one of the teams to beat this year the Pens are the most potential full team of recent history.

J

JerseyGirl77

I think putting the Flyers in that list is optimistic. I know they bolstered their team a bit, but so did the teams around them... and don't put too much stock in Gomez being in NY. I think he'll be lost in their system (or I'm just hoping).

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Gomez seemingly can play now with the best of the offensive yet defensive players in the league and the Flyers I think finally had their bad year they were over due to have. It's gonna be a good year.

S

Slippery Jim

I would say it was Buffalo's turn, but they just lost Briere, Drury and almost Vanek so probably not them...I actually think the Sharks have a pretty good shot at the cup.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
The Sharks usually do posess one of the more talented offensive corps in the NHL for the last few years howevere their inability to score goals surprises me. Their dept has no lacks and their goalie is consitant yet their team can not win the cup.