Easiest Dessert Pie You'll Ever Make!

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by katharina, Oct 6, 2006.

1. katharina

katharina Registered Member

I did this for Thanksgiving last year and everyone loved it so much that the extended family requested it again for Christmas. Even non-cooks can make it in a few minutes.

1. Mix together a 14 can of sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated!) with a small can (10 ounces) of crushed pineapple and 1/3 cup lemon juice.

2. Stir in 1/3 cup of flaked coconut and 1/3 cup chopped nuts... I like to use walnuts.

3. Fold in 12 ounces of Cool Whip.

That's it except to pour it all into a large graham cracker crust. If your supermarket doesn't sell the really large ones, I guess it would work with two of the regular size.

You'll want to chill this for a few hours, but overnight is better.

2. palefrost

palefrost Registered Member

Wow interesting. So its a pineapple cake?

I make a mean breadpudding for thanksgiving. Its so good they want it year round!

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

It looks like some kind if Hawaiian pudding-type cake. It looks very good.

4. SouthernGal

SouthernGal Registered Member

Oh, wow.. that sounds absolutely delicious! So, do all of the flavors just blend together? Or does any one flavor seem to stand out? I *love* pineapple and Cool Whip! I am not a huge fan of coconut. But, I like it. If the coconut just blended with other flavors, I think I'd love it!

I'll have to give this one a try. I am not a great cook. But, this... I can handle! :D

5. katharina

The flavors blend together, yes. I can't recall anything sticking out more than something else. Someone mentioned Hawaiian, yes, that's the flavor and if I'd have to name it, I'd probably call it Hawaiian Cream Pie. :nod: The only thing I don't like is that Cool Whip comes in either 8 or 16 ounce containers and this takes 12, but I just buy the 16 and have some leftover.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Oh man. I don't make things very often but I might actually go out and try this. Does anybody have a picture of how it should look when it's done?

So let me get this straight, no actual cooking or baking required? Awesome! :D

7. Melos

Melos Registered Member

Wow! I'm a big fan of pina coladas, so this sounds absolutely divine to me! I'm writing it down right now!

8. SouthernGal

SouthernGal Registered Member

Whoever is the first to try this has to share how it turns out! I am so not 'skilled' when it comes to cooking. So, seems like I would *have* to get it right! I wonder. :rolleyes:

So, I would love to hear how it turns out for you, and if you all have any 'tips'. I need to try it out for sure before Thanksgiving (if I decide to make it for Thanksgiving) It sounds just perfect! Cool and light...

9. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

I'm not a fan of pineapple or coconut, but that bread pudding sounds good :)

10. katharina

You got it, no baking, just chilling... took me about 5 minutes. Just remember to use the sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated. I think that stuff can make ANY recipe taste great... and the large graham crust. I'm hoping my sister asks me to make this for Thanksgiving again... I don't really like taking hours to cook for 30 people if I can make something like this in a few minutes. :nod: I don't have a pic, sorry! but it's just white from the Cool Whip with bits of the crushed pineapple showing through.