• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Earthsea

A

Angel03

I didn't realize this until I was trying to find the theatrical trailer of the scifi series that it's also an anime movie of Miyazaki. Has anyone else seen it and what did you think about it? I hope to find it some day. I saw part of theatrical trailer of the anime and the scifi series and it looks amazing. There are also books for the series and the anime. I am guessing the books came first. But I might even try reading the books to see what it's like.

Malificus

Likes snow
Angel03 said:
I didn't realize this until I was trying to find the theatrical trailer of the scifi series that it's also an anime movie of Miyazaki.
That's kind of misleading to say, Hayao Miyazaki isn't going to be the director, his son Goro Miyazaki will be. I'm interesed by that fact alone. I'd like to see what the son of Hayao Miyazaki can do.

A

Angel03

I didn't realize that. I saw Studio Ghibli and then automatically thought it was Miyazaki himself but I look forward to seeing what this one by his son will be like. It looked kind of similar to Princess Mononoke.

Malificus

Likes snow
Miyazaki isn't the only who does ghibli movies, he just does most of them, a few Ghibli movies have been directed by people other than Miyazaki, I just can't remember their name at the moment.

M

mysticangel

i would like to see it. since i like studio ghibli films. most of em at least.

takahata does ghibli films...love grave of the fireflies.

C

Chaos42

Malificus said:
Angel03 said:
I didn't realize this until I was trying to find the theatrical trailer of the scifi series that it's also an anime movie of Miyazaki.
That's kind of misleading to say, Hayao Miyazaki isn't going to be the director, his son Goro Miyazaki will be. I'm interesed by that fact alone. I'd like to see what the son of Hayao Miyazaki can do.
thats misleading this is one of the reasons i hate advertising

Ã

Æshættr

Yes, the books were the original story. I had no idea that there was an anime and manga on Earthsea. I'll have to look for that. I didn't like what they did to Earthsea for the Sci-Fi series though. It just seemed like they somehow made it less original.